Phaser fans... how many?

PFDarkside

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by PFDarkside

How many Phasers can you justify having, which ones are the must haves? All I have now is the Small Stone, and while I like it I'm looking for something more tweakable. I'm thinking about the Phaseur Fleur and the Red Witch, but I'd also love to hear a Flanger Hoax, Studio Electronics, Moog... (I'm also thinking about the BYOC one too, seems like a great first build)

I have a Uni-Vibe and like it, I'm addicted to the phase!

I don't know if I can justify having all of them, but so far I have a Deluxe moon phaser, a BYOC phaser deluxe, Shannon phaser, and a Boss Ph-1r. I also have an infinitephase coming. Trouble is I still want a Psylocybe and a Retro Sonic. I would have had a Moog 12 stage if Ollie hadn't beat me to it. Now I can't justify having over $1000 in phasers, but I will still have them. That's what GAS is all about. :D

• Members

How many Phasers can you justify having, which ones are the must haves? All I have now is the Small Stone, and while I like it I'm looking for something more tweakable. I'm thinking about the Phaseur Fleur and the Red Witch, but I'd also love to hear a Flanger Hoax, Studio Electronics, Moog... (I'm also thinking about the BYOC one too, seems like a great first build)

I have a Uni-Vibe and like it, I'm addicted to the phase!

The moog one seems to have a liquid sound similar to the Small Stone, but much more tweakable. That might be what you're after.

• Members

Not that you guys care, but since I originally posted this I have acquired a Modmax Phaser (Envelope triggered as well as Lfo driven) and Red Witch Deluxe, as well as getting added to the Infinitphase MkII redux list. ;) I'm still looking for good deals on the Quasar and Psilocybe and that Phantasm looks cool...

• Members

I have owned or currently own:

Boss PH-1
MXR Phase 90 (block)
MXR Phase 45 (two of them) MXR Phase 100 (block)
DOD 201 (yellow) Aria APH-1
Maxon PT-999
Ibanez PT-909
Guyatone PS-3
Behringer Vintage Phaser
Ross Phaser (orange)

I want to try:

Boss PH-1r
Maxon Rotary Phaser
Subdecay Quasar

• Members

Currently on board:

MXR Phase 90 (script)
MXR Phase 100 (script)
MXR Phase 90 (R28 mod)
MXR Phase 90

hmmm... how did that happen?

Systech Phase Shifter
Ross Phaser (orange)
Ross Phaser/Distortion (purple)
Arion SPH-1
Voodoo Labs Microvibe (if that counts)

on the way for June/July:

Infinitphase MkII

(I have no idea why I don't have a Small Stone...)
cheers!

• Members
Originally posted by paydirt

I don't know if I can justify having all of them, but so far I have a Deluxe moon phaser, a BYOC phaser deluxe, Shannon phaser, and a Boss Ph-1r. I also have an infinitephase coming. Trouble is I still want a Psylocybe and a Retro Sonic. I would have had a Moog 12 stage if Ollie hadn't beat me to it. Now I can't justify having over $1000 in phasers, but I will still have them. That's what GAS is all about.
:D

word.

11cbbqx.jpg

• Members

Can someone explain what the hell a Vactrol is? I thought I had a decent knowledge of electronics but I have never heard of this term.

it's the brand name for an opto-isolator - basically it's a photoresistor coupled with a LED, encapsulated in a small plastic package. The idea is that by varrying the voltage across the LED you can increase/decrease the resistance.

The original idea was to allow one circuit to directly control a paramater of another circuit, to which it is not electrically connected (opto-isolator).

But Vactrols have a few unique properties that make them perfect for other applications.

• Members

So it's basically a more reliable, self contained version of a typical opto-isolator circuit? That makes sense, I'm quite familiar...
;)

Yeah, and relatively speaking they are pretty small.

Archived