• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by FLYING V 83

Maxon PT-999 reissue here.

Very lush.

It's what the MXRs wish they could be.

+1 on the PT-999. Its got a real uni-vibe type of thing goin on. I would love to own both more phasers: DOD 201 and 401 and an MXR Phase 45.

• Members

The swirl! Love the swirl.

Biphase

Univox PZ-1

Univox PHZ-2

Resleytone

Ibanez PT-909

Ibanez PT-9

Small Stone

Bad Stone

Maestro PS-1

Ace Tone Stereo Phaser

Ampeg Phazzer

CMI Phaser

Vibra Chorus

Fender Phaser

Jen KPS-900

Kent Black Gold

Mutron Phaser II (dead right now)

PAiA Synthespin

Roland Phase 5

Roland SPH-323 Rack mount (The best!)

Eventide Instant Phaser

I love the phase. Swirl is your friend.

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

The swirl! Love the swirl.

Biphase

Univox PZ-1

Univox PHZ-2

Resleytone

Ibanez PT-909

Ibanez PT-9

Small Stone

Bad Stone

Maestro PS-1

Ace Tone Stereo Phaser

Ampeg Phazzer

CMI Phaser

Vibra Chorus

Fender Phaser

Jen KPS-900

Kent Black Gold

Mutron Phaser II (dead right now)

PAiA Synthespin

Roland Phase 5

Roland SPH-323 Rack mount (The best!)

Eventide Instant Phaser

I love the phase. Swirl is your friend.

I bow before you!

I only have 3 dedicated phasers. It is my favorite effect though.

EHX Small Stone (original) - my favoriate, although I want more control

Danelectro Pepporoni - cheap, not bad, but even less control

Ibanez PH-7 - lots of control, but less useful sounds.

Everything else is built into a multi (coupla Zoom boxes and my Peavey TubeFex)

Anybody have an envelope triggered phaser? Craig Anderton had one on the sound sheet for the "electronic projects for musicians" but I've never seen another.

• Members

Originally posted by hoerni

I bow before you!

I only have 3 dedicated phasers. It is my favorite effect though.

EHX Small Stone (original) - my favoriate, although I want more control

Danelectro Pepporoni - cheap, not bad, but even less control

Ibanez PH-7 - lots of control, but less useful sounds.

Everything else is built into a multi (coupla Zoom boxes and my Peavey TubeFex)

Anybody have an envelope triggered phaser? Craig Anderton had one on the sound sheet for the "electronic projects for musicians" but I've never seen another.

Thanks, it all goes back to the description given for the Univox PH-1 phaser in an Angela Instruments catalog "It gives that sound that James Brown must have heard in his head when being chased by the cops". I had to get that phaser and then reading about one sounding like what a tripper used...

The Roland Phase 5 is an evelope phaser, but one that the envelope changes the speed. I forgot a couple too:

Coutryman, need to fix

Studio Phaser in pieces

Arion Phaser...

• Members

I've got a grey DOD 201, a 70's small stone, and a newly acquired pigtronix ep-1. The only one on my board is the small stone, although the 201 will probably end up there once I put a DPDT switch in...The pigtronix may make it eventually, once I send it in for the the mods they offer...

• Members

Originally posted by murch33

I only have a Deluxe Moon Phaser, but I really like it. I'm curious about the Subdecay Quasar and the Moog, though. Any comparisons between the 3?

I have played all three.

The Moon is a very nice phaser with a lot of sweet spots. It can also almost get a univibe sound. The tremolo on the Moon is pretty subtle. The Trajectory control is still a mystery to me. No dedicated Depth control.

The Quasar does a full range of phase tones with extra resonance on tap. It also does a pseudo-univibe thing. Its one of the few phasers with positive and negative resonance.

The Moog has the deepest phasing out there. Plus you can tweak it on the fly with expression pedals. It is the King.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by PFDarkside

How many Phasers can you justify having, which ones are the must haves? All I have now is the Small Stone, and while I like it I'm looking for something more tweakable. I'm thinking about the Phaseur Fleur and the Red Witch, but I'd also love to hear a Flanger Hoax, Studio Electronics, Moog... (I'm also thinking about the BYOC one too, seems like a great first build)

I have a Uni-Vibe and like it, I'm addicted to the phase!

As long as they are all different sounding then the skys the limit for me. I have had a few over time and loved tham all. Right now I am sporting a ROLAND AP2 phaser from the 70's. It is a two knob job that sounds really cool. Of course I am always leisurley scoping out phasers and fuzz pedals in general for "that" deal. I like cheap but sweet pedals. The series 10 Ibanez BPL-Bi stage phaser looks interesting and cheap. Always on the lookout for those huge chrome Morley phase pedals as well. The REDWITCH phaser pedals mentioned kick-ass but are pricey. Worth the $$$ if you wanna spend some bucks on a phaser if you ask me.

Archived