The forum has been really good lately....

zhivago

• Members
Originally posted by Yek

And still two OT-threads started by you on the first page....
:confused:

and a recent post by yourself

Originally posted by Yek

I play at biker club / parties quite a lot, and the women there always go crazy. Doing the weirdest things. Just part of the culture, harmless and exciting.

Or should Zhivago start a post about RAM and have you troll it?

Originally posted by Yek

"Really Amazing Mother". This compability program checks out your mother. If the Line 6 people don't like yo momma, it's no use installing the Toneport. If they do, well, prepare yourself.

I'll give you the courtesy of assuming that you have a functioning brain and try some reason.

Zhivago arranging a HCFXUK meet and asking about speakers (when we know that the amp forum is useless if you dont play metal oh and BTW you were posting on an Artic Monkey thread in the amp forum) is slightly different to posting completely non music related threads.

This forum has always had a certain amount of ot threads. It has been a community of likeminded people and it's been spoilt by small minded people (that's where you come in).

Have a nice day.

• Members
Originally posted by CS

I'll give you the courtesy of assuming that you have a functioning brain and try some reason.

Zhivago arranging a HCFXUK meet and asking about speakers (when we know that the amp forum is useless if you dont play metal oh and BTW you were posting on an Artic Monkey thread in the amp forum) is slightly different to posting completely non music related threads.

This forum has always had a certain amount of ot threads. It has been a community of likeminded people and it's been spoilt by small minded people (that's where you come in).

Have a nice day.

owned3.jpg

;)

• Members

barring one or two small moments (one of which I think was an organised troll-fest), this forum has been progressively better and less angst-ridden for the last couple of months...

...that said, I fear highlighting this opinion may bring an avalance of gibberish and piffle down upon us.

:eek::confused::bor:

• Members

we need a little off-topic every now and again..

it makes me feel like a nerd to talk about pedals ALL day. i can handle 90%.

but jesus.. a dude just needs to look at funny pictures every now again.

i've been tryin' to help out too!!!111
look i'm over a hundred posts now. i should get muh'self a picture.

• Members
Originally posted by zhivago

two of them?

one regards a forum member.

what's the other one?

this one?

if they bother you, I can email the mods to delete them both.

Fernmeister in the UK, this one indeed, and the one about planes. But hey, I didn't mean to flame you concerning OT's. All okay by me, really. I just drew attention to the "mismatch" between your observation and those posts... ;)

• Members

Originally posted by CS

Have a nice day.

Well, lots of research went into this post of yours. As well as a bit of hate. Whereas you can't accuse me of the latter towards Zhivago when you reread my post. I just stated a fact (no, NOT including the speakers thread). So where does that leave you? Anyway, read my reply to Zhivago and hopefully realize you jumped to conclusions and calling names too fast. If not, well, whatever.

• Members
Originally posted by zhivago

loads of good information on the threads.....it's been a good week so far.

:)

thanks everyone.

:thu:

Everyone? I resent that you're tarring us all with the same brush and suggesting that we all share this same attitude that you're talking about.

NAME NAMES!!! TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE!!!

:D

BTW, I heard no farting from my speaker last night, so I may have been imagining it.
I also heard a London band called Larrikin Love who were awesome for about half their set, then went lazy Brit-Punk- tight, interesting and their guitarist got great tones from his 52RI Tele -> DS-1/SD-1/CE-5/DD-6 -> Orange Rockerverb 50

• Members

Originally posted by Yek

Well, lots of research went into this post of yours. As well as a bit of hate. Whereas you can't accuse me of the latter towards Zhivago when you reread my post. I just stated a fact (no, NOT including the speakers thread). So where does that leave you? Anyway, read my reply to Zhivago and hopefully realize you jumped to conclusions and calling names too fast. If not, well, whatever.

No hate I dont know you. No regrets either. See you around.

• Members

Originally posted by fernmeister

keep us updated...

Well last night's gig was much better than last week's for a number of reasons, and the sound was definitely one of them. Good monitor mix (heck, we had mics on the the amps at all), so I probably wasn't hammering the guitar so hard trying to be heard. The amp still isn't quite loud enough to use instead of a monitor on a loud stage, but I certainly didn't hear anything "wrong".

• Members

Originally posted by english_bob

Well last night's gig was much better than last week's for a number of reasons, and the sound was definitely one of them. Good monitor mix (heck, we had mics on the the amps at all), so I probably wasn't hammering the guitar so hard trying to be heard. The amp still isn't quite loud enough to use instead of a monitor on a loud stage, but I certainly didn't hear anything "wrong".

are you using a stand?

• Members
Originally posted by fernmeister

are you using a stand?

No, last night I used a beer crate, and last week it was a bar stool :thu:

I can see where you're going with this :D I'm going to get an amp stand (in spite of the "gay" factor ;) ), because it's easier on the back than bending over in front of the speakers or transplanting my ears to my knees :thu:

Archived