What type of threads make you think, "who cares?"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something that really pisses me off here is when you start a thread asking for advice and it becomes a {censored}ing spam thread. If I ask for advice on something, it probably doesn't mean I have cash in hand and am ready to purchase. I want to consider it with the other pieces in my rig, and do some {censored}ing research so I don't get reemed by someone looking to get rid of their {censored} at top dollar. The even more annoying thing is when the builder steps in and says I make a pedal that does exactly what you're looking for. I like having the builders around, but if I'm asking for advice, then maybe I'd want to find somebody who's a bit more objective, not just people (builders/hc members otherwise) who are looking to make a buck. I guess I have more anger here then apathy, but what the {censored} ever.

Originally posted by arexjay

But the answer is always Timmy over there
:confused:

But you've seemed to have forgotten the power house that is the bad monkey. :D

• Members
Originally posted by fernmeister

parody threads

did-you-see-this-on-tv threads

spam masquerading as friendly banter threads

MF and 'da man have wrecked this forum threads

:rolleyes::bor:

+1

also add threads that are titled "." I see a few now and then.

I also cannot stand threads where people start slagging off each other's gear...what is the point??? :confused:

• Members

O/T: Girl Problems

So I'm like, seventeen and there's this totally hot chick that I totally dig and she even likes my pedals. Totally. She told me I look hot when I play the guitar and I got her number and I like called her and was like "yo baby, let's like, go out on a date" and she was like "oh, I've got a life and I can't this week". Man, does that mean that she's totally stringing me along. Maybe she like, doesn't really like me and she was totally lying about me looking hot and the pedals. I heard that she like, kissed this other guy like six weeks ago. Does that mean that she's a dirty slut? Suddenly I doubt my ability to play the guitar and I didn't even want to go to Taco Bell with my buddies. I think I'm in love dudes.

I'm like such a sensitive guy but I really want to hit it. What should I do?

WORST

THREADS

EVER

cbg.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by capnbringdown

The people who can't be bothered to put their spam into the {censored}ing sticky is really starting to annoy me. Then again, most of the behavior that goes on in the sticky spam thread is starting to {censored}ing irk me.

Sticky threads annoy me.

• Members

Originally posted by zhivago

also add threads that are titled "." I see a few now and then.

Those are usually people who posted something initially, then decided to delete their post...only you can't delete a thread you've started anymore.

So they replace the post title with "."

• Members
Originally posted by MrSage

Those are usually people who posted something initially, then decided to delete their post...only you can't delete a thread you've started anymore.

So they replace the post title with "."

ahhh...ok....I stand corrected :)

• Members

There is certainly an irony in posting "end of GAS" threads. I think if you want to end GAS you should never ever come here again. Just get off your computer and play your rig.

As you're here posting about how you've discovered the ultimate rig you are going to scan the front page and find a thread called "I Can't BELIEVE How GOOD this SOUNDS!"

So in that sense I am tired of "I Can't BELIEVE how GOOD this SOUNDS!" threads.

If I trust the poster these will occasionally feed my GAS - ala Rev's epic Digitech EX-7 post from which he should receive a check from Digitech. However, more often than not I am wondering how qualified the poster is to opine on GREAT TONE and whether what they are looking for even moderately resembles what I am looking for.

So I take everything with a grain of salt. However, there is still the GAS demon sitting on my shoulder whispering in my ear, "yeah, that pedal's gonna be it, it is the pedal that will make your audiences {censored} themselves with each note you play."

Moreover, I just use such ebulliences to inform me of pedals I should maybe look into. Which, I guess, is probably what we all do.

• Members

Nothing in this forum bugs me but in Guitar Jam there is one person in particular that makes me think "Who cares?". He often recaps his weekend, posts threads about getting a ladies' numbers, or threads stating he has a lot of guitar playing to do...I'm waiting for the report on his B.M. next.

:bor:

Archived