Best patch cables?

• Members

I like the george l's cables.... you can make them whatever length you want without soldering them... cause the jacks just screw on to the cables. You can get the pedalboard kit at www.robertkeeley.com for cheaper than the actual george l's website offers (it's like 70 bucks or something)... i use the red cable with the gold jacks... real sexy too.... hehehe. good luck

• Members

I wish that the search function would catch on....This thread comes up at least once a month along with 10 other similar threads.But...here I go again: I use Lava Cable. George L cable is great, but if you are a giging musicians the George L ends Stink, the are flakey. Soldered ends are the way to go. Please check out Lava Cable, give them a call or shoot Mark an email. They will make cables toany legnth you need. they will use the ends you want and the cable you want (even soldered ends on George L cable) I USE Lava maybe 3-4 gigs a week. They are great!!!!!

• Members

There is no "best"

Just make sure to spend a lot of money ...and you'll be happy...don't be stingy with cables.

I've had best luck with monster pro1000s...but I've never tried zaolla and evidence audio...I've gotta try those next

George Ls are great for certain things... but I've had problems with their sound...not so good for high gain.

• Members

I think I might be the only one who uses dimarzio cables. I love them cuz they look pretty. I think next time I place an order from MF Im going to get a pair of couplers

369748.jpg

has anyone used this??? they are cheaper than cables and keep them tighty if you plan to put several boss style stomp boxes in a row:)

Originally posted by Mistersuperfly

G&H ends with canare or mogami cable, and you have the best patchcables you can get.

That's a great formula IMO for really good cables. :) I like G&H ends, and Neutrik too. Switchcraft is also fine by me, although I prefer the general design of the other two brands - they're easier to work with.

Lava cable is the best thing going...

I can't say either way, because I've never used 'em, but they're certainly using good quality components. :)

As for me, I make a lot of my own cables for the studio so I can customize them for length and specific needs. On my new board, I decided to try the solderless Planet Waves pedalboard kits, and for the most part I've been pretty happy with the results. They sound fine, and the solderless connections have not been a problem in any way. And again, I like that I could customize the cable lengths as required.

• Members

I'm a gigging guitarist (every weekend practically) and have been using George Ls for a couple of years now. Had problems with the chrome ends flaking off into my pedals, switched to the unplated brass ends and no problems since. I have over 30 feet of cable on my board and no signal/tone loss and no connection problems either. If you put 'em together right the first time and don't move your pedals around they'll last forever.
I just redid my board with their blue cable:
PEDALBOARD317.jpg

Archived