Skreddy Mayo clips?

Voodoo Cafe

• Members

Hey, i'm kinda curious to find out what this thing is capable of, and if the ICBM is better. The only mayo clips i've heard are on skreddy's site, and they're a little bit lackluster... Does anybody have any clips of it that they've made?

(Or maybe some more of the ICBM or Foxey Fuzz... I'm really looking for a bmp clone that won't destroy my bank account, but whenever I go on the MJM site I get distracted by the sexy, sexy germanium London Fuzz..)

Also, nobody would happen to be selling a Zero, a Mayo, or a ICBM, would they? ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Voodoo Cafe

I'd love to hear some comparisons between the FM and the regular Mayo.

Still no ICBM clips, or is that just a pipe dream...?

Search for the user Gainster or The Gainster and then click the link in his thread to his clip stash. He has clips of the ICBM there.

• Members

Actually the Mayo clips on my site suck major ass both in terms of playing and tone. In fact, at least one of them is of a version that was kind of an "more extreme distortion" experiment that I changed my mind about. So the production model will sound smoother than the one on my clips. I'll make new clips when time permits.

Just based on clips I've heard, I think the ICBM sounds a lot like the fuzz tones in Pink Floyd The Wall, and the Mayo is more Smashing Pumpkins.

They're both good, and I don't see either one knocking the other off anybody's board unless they only play Pink Floyd or Pumpkins exclusively.

Here are those comparison clips between the scoop and flat mids Mayo (this is a production-version Mayo, not an aborted experiment), and you'll please pardon the retarded playing, but you can definitely hear the difference between the two...

Classic Scooped Mids

Flat Mids (same pedal after FM mod)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I liked that one quite a bit -- much beefier and muffier than the Mayo. Nice White Stripage, too!

Thanks. I have to admit - the amp was breaking up a bit so it wasn't all just the ICBM. Amp used - Reeves (Hiwatt) Studio Stage MKII set at 20 watts and close to cranked. Since it's basically a Hiwatt circuit, it's a very "large" sounding amp. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived