I don't use pedals anymore because...

Viperdc

• Members

Just saw Nels Cline play through about 40 effects pedals... Had no board, just a bunch of pedals spread out on the stage and some rather dicey lookin' patch cables, and guess what?

He sounded INCREDIBLE.

No one in the club complained about hiss, tone suckage, high-end loss, yada yada.

Just play the freaking guitar already.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I had a tons of good pedal at a certain point
ph-1r phaser ( jap )
Boss CE-2 ( jap silver screw )
CS-2 compressor ( jap )
but as you will tell me...all from boos..yeah I know. I guess back then my sound was too much about "pedals" not feeling.

I want another phaser now :(

• Members

pedals, to grammer, to politics? what the {censored} (i assume this term works for all) are we talking about here? i like pedals and cursing? and we americans will elect who we please and bomb who we please so {censored}off with that {censored}!

• Members

Originally posted by Viperdc

all those wires and sometimes non TB were eating my tone...

How can you guys play with so many pedals? do you have special wires or something???

easy - we don't skimp on cables, and buffer (yes, TB can ruin tone just as easily as improper buffers) when needed.

most of us do, anyway.

• Members
Originally posted by arexjay

:thu:

+1, except it's spelled 'ass'
:mad:

Only in you're American butchering of the English language, the proper word is arse

As used by people who speak the language properly.

As for the origonal question, a buffer or two in the chain and some decent cables will go a long way towards keeping your sound strong, maybe not always exactly the same, but not negatively (if that makes sense)

There are other people who just accept it, some signal loss will happen over long runs, so they compensate for it at the amp or with an extra pedal, and just take it as a bad side of getting all the sounds out of their pedals

David

• Members

you just got to cover all the bases man. good guitar( p/u, electronics), good quality cables, good amp. As for pedals, well placement, bypass, buffer and the like are all elements to be considered. don't throw your newly bought pedal anywhere in the chain and expect it to sound perfect. sometimes, it's position is crucial in relation to others for it to sound it's best.

Bonne chance mec!

y

Archived