Show me your homemade pedalboards

u6crash

• Members

I'm thinking about making a pedal board for myself soon. It would be nifty to have, but I don't have so many pedals that I need to buy one for $60 and I don't gig so often that I need one with an integrated lid/carrying case.

I've got a couple different designs in mind with a simple wood and glue construction, but most require I get a new router bit or two. I'm just curious to see what designs others of you have come up with.

• Members

gear02.jpg

This took almost no tools to make.

Just a 3/4 board and some carpet that works awesome with velcro.

I didn't have a miter box to angle the trim right. I bought a riveter to rivet on the trim but it fit so tight i never even put rivets through it.

The wood was free. The rest of the materials carpet, carpet clue, trim, handles ran under $20.

• Members

unsunder, I really like the power switch you put on there. I considered it in my plans, but didn't want to mess with it. Now that I see how you've simplified it, I may reconsider. Also, is the carpet you used comparable to speaker carpet?

Of the pedalboards currently posted, are they flat or on an incline? My designs call for an incline, but right now I'm afraid that the necessary bracing to keep from breaking the board might make it too heavy. If I get them drawn up pretty, I'll post them later.

Thanks again for the pics :thu:

• Members

That Power supply was very cheap also. Just need to now the really basic theory of electricity. The carpet is sort of like that. Its a bit softer and bushier. I can literally shake it upside down and nothing will come loose. I got mine from Menards (Home Store) for like $4 a yard, I believe it's called porche. My board has an incline to it theres no bracing, I just put those handles in at an angle. I run my power cables underneath to keep it clean.

• Members

I made the cheapest, laziest pedalboard ever...

...1/2" plywood reinforced with a 2x2 on the back and a thinner piece in the middle. ....staplegun a hunk of carpet I had leftover from doing my basement jam room. velcro+godlyke connectors = :love:

...it's kinda funny cause it's the same carpet as in the room so it sorta blends in... I keep meaning to take some pics...

Archived