TOP 5 Distortion/Heavy Overdrives Pedals? (Into clean amp)

rcervera

• Members

Your Top 5 distortion pedals that are worth checking out (FOR SERIOUS PLAYING)! |m|:mad: |m|

INCLUDING boutique of course

Important: "Standalone" pedals, as in going into a clean amp, not pushing an already overdriven one.

A brief description of each would be good.

:thu:

My Top5:

-Zoom Trimetal..

Ok that's the only one I've liked

• Members

Big Muff PI USA. got a new one for 50 bucks! I like how you can tweak the controls with ur feet. Im 6'5" and bending over is a long way down! Its huge, but thats why its called the BIG MUFF!!! Name says it all!

Also I like the digitech screamin blues OD. It has a nice fender tube amp sound, and responds well to picking dynamics. And thats only 50 bucks too. Totally differant animal than the Muff tho.

As far as legendary fuzz/distortion/overdrives go, most of them are availble at BYOC. So get sodldering!

dk123123dk

• Members

/

Zoom TriMetal
Zoom 5000
Boss Heavy Metal HM2
Tubeworks Tubedriver
Ibanez TubeKing

those are the only one's i've tried that have been able to get the Soopah Scoopah sound of metal.

the Boss Turbo Distortion gets close.

• Members

Originally posted by piut

how's the metal muff? i'm really interested.

I tested it myself at the Frankfurter Musik Messa (after that very nice, mellow guy, Phillip, had demonstrated it first).

Basically, it's fat and tight, screaming and singing at the same time. I wouldn't go so far as to say 'the perfect thrashmetal distortion', but it does come close!

it has more gain on tap than you'll need (gain on 1 o' clock was already Pantera-levels), the EQ seems active, and the mid-knob can make it go from super-scooped (=too scooped=not nice) to very nasal/middy,

Archived