Karma & a free pedal

dbl A

• Members

Been thinking about getting a EH Deluxe Memory Man for a few weeks...

So a friend came by with a couple guitars...since she wasn't a player I asked why she had them. She said she was at a friend's place, friend wasn't there, but his guitars were. A bunch of people were hanging out and the front door didn't lock, so she took the guitars (to my house) for fear of them being stolen (these two are good friends). No problem. Fast forward 3 days...I get a frantic "my guitars were stolen, please help" bulletin on Myspace. He described the guitars that were at my house. I called him and said "I think I have your guitars, come on by". He says "well, there's a $500 reward, I work for an online gear retailer, what do you want?" I told him I wanted an EH Deluxe Memory Man. Said he had one at home, he'd bring it by in an hour when he comes by for the guitars. An hour later he had his guitars, I had the pedal I'd been lusting after, and we all lived happily ever after. What the {censored} just happened? Very weird.

• Members

Originally posted by BrianPhase90

Karma?

I think you should tell the guy the whole story.

Not quite following you...this is all the story I have. Maybe there's some shadyness on this girls part? I don't know. I just think it's weird he had the exact pedal I'd been thinking about for the last few weeks-that's my reason for posting this. If you are trying to say this was some grand scheme on my part you are giving me way too much credit!

• Members

Originally posted by zhivago

I think what the guys are saying is that the guitars weren't actualy stolen like the guy thought, as she brought them over for safe keeping?

I told him the whole story. Her phone was off for a few days so I think it was just a lack of communication.

• Members

it sounds to me like he told the guy the whole story and he let him have the reward anway. Also a deluxe memory man dosen't cost 500 so he didn't actually take the entire reward. I'm guessing the guy was just happy to get his gear back regardless of how dbl a got it (and could have kept it by the sounds of it).

• Members

Something doesn't sound right with this story. If he and the girl are such great friends then why hasn't she told him about her removing the guitars for "safekeeping". So for 3 days he freaks out thinking his guitars have been stolen. I still fail to see where your storing them for her/him is somehow heroic and deserving of a $200+ pedal. Somethings missing here.

Archived