Lightning Bolt - I love this pic

sonaboy

• Members

Someone should put the pinch on the drummers air tube.

I checked out some live youtube clips. A couple sounded pretty bad, but one sounded like it had some real potential. The only problem was that when they kicked in the recording clipped so hard it all turned into one frequency of white noise. :(

• Members
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis

They are coming to Aberdeen on May 15th
:cool:

What am I getting myself in for? teh possibility of listening to a gig from the outside of a venue to save my sanity is an interesting prospect

pure utter noise, yet strangely compelling and rather cool...

David

Get fancy fancy earplugs and get there early so you can get pushed into the drum kit!

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

I know, they rule!

I like

check that speaker flappage!!! THAT is a quality of a kick ass band!!! I mean the song can be screeching noise and a monkey beating on a drum when you have speaker flappage like that and it will still KICK ASS!!

3/4 of the way through, watch the crowd for the chubby kid doing a modified robot dance. Funniest thing I've seen in a while.

And Lightning Bolt kick ass...loudly.

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

Someone should put the pinch on the drummers air tube.

I checked out some live youtube clips. A couple sounded pretty bad, but one sounded like it had some real potential. The only problem was that when they kicked in the recording clipped so hard it all turned into one frequency of white noise.
:(

that's because it IS white noise to mics with limited frequency response.

you have to see it live for yourself, or just get the studio tracks where they can put a bridle on all the sound.
live tracks always sound like pure {censored}.

• Members
Originally posted by oversight

3/4 of the way through, watch the crowd for the chubby kid doing a modified robot dance. Funniest thing I've seen in a while.

And Lightning Bolt kick ass...loudly.

EXCELLENT STUFF! Noise rules!
The crowd look like out takes from Deliverance!
I like the scary baby clothing worn like a mask!
WICKED!!!!!
I am in!
:thu: :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by adolf

EXCELLENT STUFF! Noise rules!

The crowd look like out takes from Deliverance!

I like the scary baby clothing worn like a mask!

WICKED!!!!!

I am in!

:thu:
:thu:

Usually the drummer's the one who looks like a defunct mexican wrestler...

• Members
Originally posted by stratmaster48

didnt see the fat kid robot....where is it?

He's not fat, just one of those always-young sorta chubby kids. 1/2 way to 3/4 into the video, when it pans out to the right and you can see the crowd. Watch for his arms. Effing awesome.

• Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

I know, they rule!

I like
this video

check that speaker flappage!!! THAT is a quality of a kick ass band!!! I mean the song can be screeching noise and a monkey beating on a drum when you have speaker flappage like that and it will still KICK ASS!!

i think you just won this topic :D

• Members

Note the (x2!!!) Crown Macrotech 2402 power amps. (from the bassists If I had to guess). Probably the nicest power amp ever made. An industry standard and my personal fav.

Those things put out, you guessed it, 2400w a piece bridged mono.

My ears hurt from looking at that picture.

• Members
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis

They are coming to Aberdeen on May 15th
:cool:

What am I getting myself in for? teh possibility of listening to a gig from the outside of a venue to save my sanity is an interesting prospect

pure utter noise, yet strangely compelling and rather cool...

David

I'll just say this - sound pressure levels at around 130 db have been known to be able to stop the human heart.
they play around that level - the sound frequencies WILL alter your perceptions if you stand close enough, even with hearing protection.

Archived