is anyone here good at knowing odd guitar makers by pic????

hangwire

• Members

It could be a Westone. I'm pretty sure that guitar is a Fuji Gen Gakki guitar, same plant that makes Ibanez. They made a bunch of LP copies, but the binding and truss rod cover are the main giveaways. To my knowledge they were the only company to make maple fretboard LP copies too. The brand name could be something else that started with "W", but they did make at least some for Westone. Fuji would make guitars with any name you wanted on them if you ordered enough. Many of the same models available as Ibanez were also made under the Bradley name for Veneman's Music.

• Members

Originally posted by Mel Cooley

It could be a Westone. I'm pretty sure that guitar is a Fuji Gen Gakki guitar, same plant that makes Ibanez. They made a bunch of LP copies, but the binding and truss rod cover are the main giveaways. To my knowledge they were the only company to make maple fretboard LP copies too. The brand name could be something else that started with "W", but they did make at least some for Westone. Fuji would make guitars with any name you wanted on them if you ordered enough. Many of the same models available as Ibanez were also made under the Bradley name for Veneman's Music.

i couldn't find any info online for fuji gen gakki?

• Members

Hey Hangwire,
Couldn't tell you the make, but a friend of mine plays one just like it without the W on the headstock. No brand at all. Not a bad guitar. His is missing the bridge pick-up cover. It's got a funky pick up w/ square magnets if memory serves.
Good luck!

• Members
Originally posted by Knowdice

Hey Hangwire,

Couldn't tell you the make, but a friend of mine plays one just like it without the W on the headstock. No brand at all. Not a bad guitar. His is missing the bridge pick-up cover. It's got a funky pick up w/ square magnets if memory serves.

Good luck!

i guess when i attempt to sell it I should call it an "70s Ibanez japan LP copy, possibly lawsuit?"

• Members

Originally posted by hangwire

i guess when i attempt to sell it I should call it an "70s Ibanez japan LP copy, possibly lawsuit?"

The one I played has a bolt on neck. I don't know if that keeps it out of "lawsuit" territory or not. It is a great player fwiw.

Archived