Digitech DF-7 or Digitech Grunge help me decide?

cc999

• Members

green day uses marshalls. doesnt the drive channel on the classic 30 sound similar to a marshall?? thought i heard that somewhere. i know billy joe's marshalls are modified. of the two, get the DF7. then turn the gain up on your classic 30, set the df7 to DOD 250 setting. keep the gain at around 9 o'clock on the pedal and eq flat. adjust the volume to just above unity. should sound great.

• Members

If the Digitech Grunge is anything like the old DOD Grunge, you wont be able to get a green day sound out of it. Even at the lowest setting it has WAY too much gain for that.

Just boost the distortion channel of your amp with an OD pedal. The Bad Monkey is great and its the same price as a Grunge.

• Members
Originally posted by vigor&kandor

bad monkey is another great suggestion. didnt even think of that.

which album of green day are you trying to emulate?

yeah, I think a simple straight forward OD would do the trick. I think the grunge aint the way to go. That's cuz greenday is not a grunge band.
:o

• Members

pass on the Grunge pedal - I used to own one, but traded it away. It's NOT a "grunge" sound, but a metal pedal... and only a so-so one at that.

Of the 2 pedals you mentioned, I'd go with the DF-7 - MUCH more versatile.

If you're looking to sound more "Marshall-y", I always thought the BOSS DS-1 leaned toward that sound, AND it's cheap. :thu:

Archived