Just pulled the Chrono Trigger...

squareking

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by vigor&kandor

i hate most final fantasy's except for 5. Chrono Trigger kicks major ass if you like RPG's. i dont like RPG's and i still liked it.

how many endings are there again?

Yeah the only FF i've really liked is 8 but I think its in a different league than chrono trigger. I still need to play 7 to see what all the fuss is about.

• Members

Originally posted by vigor&kandor

i hate most final fantasy's except for 5. Chrono Trigger kicks major ass if you like RPG's. i dont like RPG's and i still liked it.

how many endings are there again?

Depends on the version but 12 in the original SNES version. Also I think it is funny that the one Final Fantasy Game you liked is one of the hardest and more of an RPG player's RPG.

• Members

Yeah - I really enjoyed that game but not so much I'd want to do it all over again. I also liked Fire Emblem - I got addicted to a ROM version of the GBA title and was going to buy the GCN version but....meh, bought pedals instead.

Nothing's really come close to topping Zelda:OoT for me. I was given RE4 recently - the graphics were amazing and it was fun to play but the puzzle elements were lousy. Gannondorf was scarier than anything in RE4.

BTW, anyone notice the name of Nintendo next-gen consol has been announced

Wii....

as in 'we'...

Ahem....:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Yeah - I really enjoyed that game but not so much I'd want to do it all over again. I also liked Fire Emblem - I got addicted to a ROM version of the GBA title and was going to buy the GCN version but....meh, bought pedals instead.

I really enjoyed the GCN Fire Emblem. I probably only beat 1/4 of the games I buy, but this was one of them. I don't know how it compares to other Fire Emblems, but it is the best strategy RPG I've played since FF Tactics. I'd recommend you go for it, especially since the price is probably a lot less now.

• Members

Yeah, Chrono Trigger was great, I think it was the unexpectedness that I liked, it was different from the other RPGs, unfortunately, I haven't tried much after, though I did like, FF II to VI and Ogre Battle... Secret of Mana was pretty neat too, but too easy. I think I stopped playing those game when my guitar came along.

• Members
Originally posted by drmanbear

No original Dragon Warrior (for NES) love? Talk about sentimentality. I've never been much of an RPG fan, but I was obsessed with that game as a kid.

Heh, I still have the original Dragon Warrior and FF NES cartridges in my bookshelf. They're still great stuff. :)

Archived