• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Rakanishu00

Gameplay - CT > FF

Music - FF can't be beat IMO
:thu:

Nobuo Uematsu had hand in CT's music after Yasunori Mitsuda had a nervous break down, but Most of it is Mitsuda. The music in Chrono Cross was spectacular even if the game wasn't.

• Members

Originally posted by Onswah

Nobuo Uematsu had hand in CT's music after Yasunori Mitsuda had a nervous break down, but Most of it is Mitsuda. The music in Chrono Cross was spectacular even if the game wasn't.

Nobuo Uematsu is one of the most versatile composers I've seen. He transitions from foxy jazz while sneaking underneath a corporate megalopolis to beautiful Japanesey classical melodies to hard rock. All it is wonderfully executed.

• Members

Awesome Game. It's a pity about Chrono Cross, though. Excellent music, but the whole 'avalanche of characters' approach is a real turnoff. FFII, FFIII, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Square was at their finest in the early 90's.

• Members

Originally posted by drmanbear

No original Dragon Warrior (for NES) love? Talk about sentimentality. I've never been much of an RPG fan, but I was obsessed with that game as a kid.

Me too! I sucked at it, though. It was one of the first games I had with my NES...guess I wasn't ready for RPGs at such an early age.

• Members

Originally posted by jimihalen

Am I the only one on earth who thought that game sucked ass??

{flamesuit on}

It's not big on action, but if you've ever wanted to corrupt the holy hell out of yourself and the universe around you, it's really addicting.

• Members

I never played Chrono Trigger, I don't think. I wasn't allowed to play RPGs when I was growing up. It wasn't until around the time FF7 came out or so that I got around to enjoying some RPGs. FF7's still probably my favorite, though zelda ocarina was great, though I'm not sure if that's really an RPG in the strictest sense. I should get some ROMs and play them, but I've generally found that playing games on consoles is a lot more fun then on the computer. Maybe I'll change my mind on that again. I still have my SNES hooked up, maybe I shouuld get a few old RPGs for it. I'm currently thinking about getting Eternal Darkness for gamecube, but I haven't sealed the deal, yet. No mention of Fallout, yet? Eventhough most of you guys probably wouldn't consider it a RPG or have played it, I just finished X-Men Legends, which was pretty damn good.

btw, does anyone else think that the revolution was a much better title then wii? But if it's still going to be $99, I might get one even if I still just play gamecube titles on it until the price for the games goes down. That backwards compatibility feature sounds kewl, but if the system is going to be super expensive, I probably won't get one.

• Members

Originally posted by capnbringdown

I never played Chrono Trigger, I don't think. I wasn't allowed to play RPGs when I was growing up. It wasn't until around the time FF7 came out or so that I got around to enjoying some RPGs. FF7's still probably my favorite, though zelda ocarina was great, though I'm not sure if that's really an RPG in the strictest sense. I should get some ROMs and play them, but I've generally found that playing games on consoles is a lot more fun then on the computer. Maybe I'll change my mind on that again. I still have my SNES hooked up, maybe I shouuld get a few old RPGs for it. I'm currently thinking about getting Eternal Darkness for gamecube, but I haven't sealed the deal, yet. No mention of Fallout, yet? Eventhough most of you guys probably wouldn't consider it a RPG or have played it, I just finished X-Men Legends, which was pretty damn good.

btw, does anyone else think that the revolution was a much better title then wii? But if it's still going to be $99, I might get one even if I still just play gamecube titles on it until the price for the games goes down. That backwards compatibility feature sounds kewl, but if the system is going to be super expensive, I probably won't get one.

I "heard a rumor" that Zelda: Ocarina actually runs great on some N64 emulators. You should give it a try.

• Members
Originally posted by funksta

I "heard a rumor" that Zelda: Ocarina actually runs great on some N64 emulators. You should give it a try.

Did you hear the same "rumor" about the zelda ocarina master quest? In case you don't know what it is, it's the expansion disc version. It was originally released in Japan, but since they killed the idea of the expansion drive for the n64 in the US, it was never released here. :( They then decided to port it over to the gamecube. I've been wanting to play it, but the version for gamecube is quite rare, which means its expensive.

I still have the original n64 zelda ocarina. Maybe I should hook it up again, though there weren't a ton of good games for that system.

And I didn't really mean that games didn't work on emulators, just that I find it a little more fun on the console. Sometimes they can be buggy on emulator, which can get annoying.

• Members
Originally posted by decode6

Bah, what do I expect from a bunch of effect tards?
:)

FF3, then FF2, then Chrono Trigger, then .....

Meh, the RPG your avatar is from is better than all of them. :)

As console RPGs go though, I like FF3, Secret of Mana, Earthbound, and Zelda 3. Still haven't played the Chrone games.

• Members
Originally posted by capnbringdown

Did you hear the same "rumor" about the zelda ocarina master quest? In case you don't know what it is, it's the expansion disc version. It was originally released in Japan, but since they killed the idea of the expansion drive for the n64 in the US, it was never released here.
:(
They then decided to port it over to the gamecube. I've been wanting to play it, but the version for gamecube is quite rare, which means its expensive.

In the PAL world the OoT Master Quest disk came as a limited edition bonus with Zelda: WInd Waker. It crops up on Ebay all the time for ~$35(usually with Wind Waker). I wasn't aware that it was an expanded version - I thought only the dungeons had been reworked

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

In the PAL world the OoT Master Quest disk came as a limited edition bonus with Zelda: WInd Waker. It crops up on Ebay all the time for ~$35(usually with Wind Waker). I wasn't aware that it was an expanded version - I thought only the dungeons had been reworked

I know the dungeons were reworked, but I thought there were extra things (non-dungeon/sidequests) added. Maybe not, but I'd like to play it just for the reworked dungeons. They did the same thing for the US gamecube version, which is what I was trying to express in my earlier rambling. I think it usually goes for $35-50, but it's usually just the bonus disc, not it and the wind waker. Of course, I've already own the wind waker, but that's not the point. Maybe when they release Twilight Princess, they'll do the collector's edition with the master quest again. Probably not.

Archived