Just pulled the Chrono Trigger...

squareking

• Members

I dunno... I'm pretty oldschool when it comes to my favorite RPG's... as much I loved FFVII (and FFIX for that matter... it doesn't get a lot of love but was a spectacular game) I honestly don't think anything will beat Zelda: A Link To The Past for me... that game is so perfect in so many regards for me.

-TJK

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by ck3

Day-yum ... do you know how to score one of those without having to go through eBay?
:love:

My thoughts exactly. :love:

There are a few online video game retailers that sell 'em...most are based in Japan. :cry: I'm sure if we looked hard enough we could find someone here...

• Members

FFIX(9) was my favorite, I must admit...

Although I currently have a awful addiction to FFXI(11), the online one. I have level 75 jobs and everything, and I haven't been able to quit for the past 4 years and ugh. :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by phyrexia

Chrono Trigger is magnificent.

The hardest ending, the first way is if you take the wrong teleporter at the millenial fair.

I don't know about the second way...

And that's with Chrono ALONE.

The other way is to beat him when you're supposed to lose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Damn how did I miss this thread???

CT was a fantastic game. Those SNES RPG's were a real peak in gaming to me. All of the SNES FF games were great, and Secret of Mana was easily the only RPG that was fun to play with your friends.

Check out Seiken Densetsu 3, which is the Japanese sequel to Secret of Mana. There's a rom thats translated out there somewhere, and I highly reccommend it.

I loved Chrono Cross too, thought it was one of the better games for the PSX. Not sure why others hated it, but to each his own I guess.

I didn't think KOTOR was ok, played through both of them once and never played again. Despite how it was advertised, it was really quite linear except for the order in which you visited the planets, and there were only two endings and two ways to play really, good and evil. I was hoping when they first announced it that KOTOR would be more like Baldur's Gate or Planescape, but I guess they had to dumb it down for the console crowd as well. It was still pretty good, and one of the better SW games to come out in years.

• Members

O man, I downloaded a emulator of snes and CT and man that game is awesome.

I like one of the comments from the game. Something about Mangus haveing three tone-deaf bafoons. Ozzie, Flea, and Slash. :D

• Members
Originally posted by Wilbo26

I loved Chrono Cross too, thought it was one of the better games for the PSX. Not sure why others hated it, but to each his own I guess.

I think it was just the total package being less thaan the some of its parts for me. t was more of disappointment. I still rock the soundtrack hardcore :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by funksta

I "heard a rumor" that Zelda: Ocarina actually runs great on some N64 emulators. You should give it a try.

Bah--considering how cheap actual N64s and Ocarina are these days, it would be a bit of a shame to play it on a little jumpy emulated window on a PC. I don't mind emulation for a lot of games, but that game is so immersive that any emulation hiccups would cause me to lose that essential feeling that I am, in fact, inside the Deku Tree. (yes, I am a big nerd)

If anyone feels like trading pedals for a copy of the Master Quest disc, PM me.

• Members

Anyone here have SNES carts of FFII, FFIII, Chrono Trigger, or Earthbound that they want to part with? I remember looking at these games on eBay a while back, and they were a little more than I wanted to spend.

Also, while we're talking RPGs, I'll throw in a vote for my Favorite:
Fallout. Any FO fans here?

• Members

Originally posted by tlniec

Anyone here have SNES carts of FFII, FFIII, Chrono Trigger, or Earthbound that they want to part with? I remember looking at these games on eBay a while back, and they were a little more than I wanted to spend.

Those SNES RPG carts are going to cost you a pretty penny no matter what. Maybe a kind soul around here would sell it to you cheap, but I wouldn't let go of any of those for less that 50 bucks. Actually, I would NEVER sell them, imagine what they'll go for in another decade.

Oh man, Fallout is a great game. We need more games like that, with hardcore violence and sex galore. Nothing like knocking up a chick, getting forced into a shotgun wedding, selling her into slavery and then gunning down all of the slavers in cold blood. Good stuff. The pop culture references make it even better. I laughed for so long the first time I found the bridge in the middle of nowhere. "What, is your name?"

• Members
Originally posted by jimihalen

Baldur's Gate 2: The Collection - $15 shipped. Minty.

:D

Hmm, I might have to bite on that. Like an idiot, I loaned out my copy and got an entire frat house hooked on it, and then never saw it again. At least I had them playing that instead of Halo all day.

• Members
Originally posted by Onswah

I think it was just the total package being less thaan the some of its parts for me. t was more of disappointment. I still rock the soundtrack hardcore
:thu:

Maybe thats what did it for me. Definately the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a game I think. My brother and I agreed that one of the reasons FFVII was so good was its music, even though the actual game wasn't up to par with the SNES games.

• Members
Originally posted by Wilbo26

Those SNES RPG carts are going to cost you a pretty penny no matter what. Maybe a kind soul around here would sell it to you cheap, but I wouldn't let go of any of those for less that 50 bucks. Actually, I would NEVER sell them, imagine what they'll go for in another decade.

Oh man, Fallout is a great game. We need more games like that, with hardcore violence and sex galore. Nothing like knocking up a chick, getting forced into a shotgun wedding, selling her into slavery and then gunning down all of the slavers in cold blood. Good stuff. The pop culture references make it even better. I laughed for so long the first time I found the bridge in the middle of nowhere. "What, is your name?"

Yeah, I suppose if I had those carts I wouldn't let 'em go cheap either! Hopefully when the Wii comes out, and people are able to play some of the classics on it, it'll relieve some of the price pressure. Maybe not. In the meantime, I'll keep cruising garage sales looking for folks who haven't discovered eBay. :)

Glad to see another FO fan. The pop culture special encouters were really funny. The dialog was great too, although most of the humor in it was very dark (just how I like it). And the core gameplay was just great, not to mention the post-apocalyptic setting.

• Members

Yeah, I suppose if I had those carts I wouldn't let 'em go cheap either! Hopefully when the Wii comes out, and people are able to play some of the classics on it, it'll relieve some of the price pressure. Maybe not. In the meantime, I'll keep cruising garage sales looking for folks who haven't discovered eBay.
:)

Glad to see another FO fan. The pop culture special encouters were really funny. The dialog was great too, although most of the humor in it was very dark (just how I like it). And the core gameplay was just great, not to mention the post-apocalyptic setting.

Well, you can always play the classics on your computer with Roms. Its illegal unless you owned the original cart, but that doesn't seem to stop many people.

Yup, the setting and dialog in Fallout were top notch. The only real beef I had with the game was trading stuff between party members and managing the inventory, but in a way its more realistic, because you don't have total control over your party members, and they'll act on their own some of the time.

• Members

Yes, I have all four carts, but no, I will never get rid of them.

Bonus points if you have the EarthBound strategy guide with.

Exponential bonus points if you still have the scratch'n'sniff stickers that came with it.

• Members

Originally posted by phyrexia

Yes, I have all four carts, but no, I will never get rid of them.

Bonus points if you have the EarthBound strategy guide with.

Exponential bonus points if you still have the scratch'n'sniff stickers that came with it.

Hahaha, some people would probably give their first daughter away for that {censored}!

• Members

Originally posted by p4vl

I bought Shenmue II today for 5 bucks. Great RPG/Action game.

Hell yeah, one of the best games I've played. The graphics are easily comparable to what you see on the PS2, and the XBox version didn't add that much. I still need to finish it, and then I'll have to go back and play the original.

Archived