i wanna hear clips from:

inscho

preservation

StratAtak83

stereotyp

ChitownTerror

bieke (someone said his band rocks!)

and...

hm...there are prolly others but those are the ones that come to mind.

and i ain't talkin' no pedal demo clips!

i want songs dammit!

:mad:

...oh and ColorsoundKid, who posted some but apparently the vocals were "in the works" so i wanna hear how they've come along.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually ordered my new computer a hour ago. I already have my recording preamp and the software. My 4 year old laptop wasn't cutting it for the programs I was trying to use. But I am planning on posting a song or two as soon as possible.

I have been working pretty hard on my songwriting. I had the problem of sticking riffs together into something I called a song, but it was all crap IMO.

I am far from getting my vocals down though, I swear I am melodically retarded when it comes to vocals :(

But I respect the opinion of a lot of the forumites and want to get their feedback.

(including you big guy)

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by inscho

But I respect the opinion of a lot of the forumites and want to get their feedback.

(including you big guy)

:wave:

oh, i just put you on the list cuz i wanted to rip you a new one!

;)

• Members
Originally posted by inscho

oh and I thought you liked me
:cry:

then {censored} you moppy!
:mad:

moppy?
:D

actually, after all the ribbing and picture-posting, it must be said that i don't even have that do anymore...so there! like i said it's an old pic but the only one i have.

my clips: i have been recording demo tracks during the past few months. i'll get 'em up asap. my laptop has no mp3 convertor so i'll have to find some freeware for doing that.

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

actually, after all the ribbing and picture-posting, it must be said that i don't even have that do anymore...so there! like i said it's an old pic but the only one i have.

yeah I know, I just think that moptop picture is {censored}ing hilarious. It kinda reminds me of the burger king. Funny but kinda creepy :)

and I look forward to hearing your stuff :thu:

• Members

thanks for adding me to your list, sweet guyaguy!

if you wanna hear my old band.. go to www.uncledig.com . i have uploaded our demo (4songs) there. i liked especially "a great big ball in the hands of children" and the song called "left". our band is.. sorry.. was called >sick yellow rose garden<.>

my new band now is something a little different. not quite as experimental more straight yet influence by so many artists and my pedals changed a lot.. ;) .. well.. we are preparing for a gig in june at the moment so to make clips will be hard before the gig. maybe we will record a little sometime this year, though...

• Members
Originally posted by stereotypy

if you wanna hear my old band.. go to
www.uncledig.com
. i have uploaded our demo (4songs) there. i liked especially "a great big ball in the hands of children" and the song called "left". our band is.. sorry.. was called >sick yellow rose garden
<.>

my new band now is something a little different. not quite as experimental more straight yet influence by so many artists and my pedals changed a lot..
;)
.. well.. we are preparing for a gig in june at the moment so to make clips will be hard before the gig. maybe we will record a little sometime this year, though...

neat.
kinda reminds me of a more emotional krautrock. :)
(btw i like that you can use the phrase "krautrock" without any problems but as soon as you say "chink-rock" or "frog-rock" you're in serious PC trouble!:D )
i like the siren effect at the beginning of "me and the monkey." is that feedback + DL4?

Originally posted by Eddie

I posted one song
HERE
, but no one listens
:)

looks like we have to download the program. we're all far too lazy for that, Eddie!
:p

Originally posted by bieke

Hey thanks, here's one of our latest songs

http://www.lester.be

(click on the image to start the song)

cool. :cool:

after all of your knob-twiddling threads (synths, etc.) i was expecting more of a spacey thing.
but no...
it's Flemcore!

wait, no, that's prolly not a good genre name is it?
is that a full-blown professional recording? from an album? there's not much info on your site yet.

• Members

i like the siren effect at the beginning of "me and the monkey." is that feedback + DL4?

well it's actually my guitar into shredmaster -> rat -> dl4 (w/ expression pedal)

and the bass had something like the boss power drive -> tubescreamer -> de-7 or the digidelay...

• Members

i wanna hear clips from:

...oh and ColorsoundKid, who posted some but apparently the vocals were "in the works" so i wanna hear how they've come along.

The band has dissolved. The bass player and myself were gearing up for playing live and the drummer started to tweak out. He had never played live before. That's what I get for trying to turn a friend into a musician. :(

• Members
Originally posted by stereotypy

if you wanna hear my old band.. go to
www.uncledig.com
. i have uploaded our demo (4songs) there. i liked especially "a great big ball in the hands of children" and the song called "left". our band is.. sorry.. was called >sick yellow rose garden
<.>

Where do you go on the site to find them? Do you have a direct link?

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

I found it. It sounds good. I like it. Are you singing?

no.. it's a female singer. she's great. we split before we fully could evolve each other.. the singer plays guitar and piano, too.. but we were just 6 months a band. best band i was part of so far.. we did exactly one gig and this little demo with just a mic in our cellar. it was a great time.. makes me sad i moved away.

well... good ol' times... :(

• Members

looks like we have to download the program. we're all far too lazy for that, Eddie!

:p

Rapidshare is just a hosting service, so you just download files from their servers but there's no need for any software (except your web browser).

The steps are as follows:

1. Click on the link
2. Select Free (where it says "You want to download ...")
3. From there I think it makes you wait a few seconds, and maybe it asks you to enter a few letters that should be displayed on the page.

Again, there's no software, just an mp3.

And from an older thread:
You don't need to register, although it may be a bit annoying.
Try the following:
1. Click on the link above, it will take you to rapidshare
2. You'll see a message: "You want to download xxx.mp3" Scroll down and click 'Free' where it says "Select your download"
3. A new window will open up and you'll have to wait for maybe 20 seconds. You'll see a counter. It says "Download ticket reserved" next to it.
4. Some letters will appear. Type them in the box and click on 'Start Download' (This is a new feature, and downloads used to begin automatically. Sorry about that.)

• Members

hey thanks! i found one another site just after posting but i'll have a look at that site and see if there's something i like better there.

so where is everyone uploading their music? to soundclick? other freebies?

I like using cheetah audio converter

my settings are stereo, 44.1khz, 224kbit. Very little diff compared to the .wav file.

Archived