A new acqusition!

• Members

I went to the London Guitar Show yesterday, and it was good. There's a new "half hour of noisy, half hour of quiet" rule that's really improved things, and they've gotten strict about volume levels during the "on" period - nothing over 100dB, and they were shutting off the electricity to stands that abused it, so it wasn't nearly as oppressively loud as usual - still scope to crank up the odd amp though.

Anyways, the T-Rex stand was particularly welcoming - free beer! They have a teeny tiny valve driven reverb on the way - probably on sale in August - that is quite wonderful, very clean and clear and lush with a modulated mode (quite subtle but adds some pleasant shimmer).

I picked up a Tremster at a darned good price, and then compounded it by ordering a new guitar. Details are to be set, but it's a Nathan Sheppard.

• Members

Not yet - the Singlecut isn't up on his website. Actually, there's a work in progress pic of one here:

DSC01358.jpg

Mine will be that shape, but with a 2-point trem (probably the Hipshot one, with a tremsetter), made of swamp ash, metallic paint most likely in a teal sort of shade. The pickups are wound for him by Bareknuckle - essentially you get two sets of Tele pickups, so a pair of Tele neck pickups in the neck, one RWRP to make a humbucker, and a pair of Tele bridge pickups in the bridge, again one RWRP to make another humbucker.

There's a really good range of sounds out of them - two of the knobs activate coil splits, though I think I might have a master volume and master tone, 3-way selector, and then a rotary knob that does the coil splits.

The neck is likely to be 5-piece, maple with two walnut stripes. Cocobolo fingerboard. I'll be talking to Nathan on Tuesday (once he's caught up on sleep) to set the specs, but I think that's roughly what it'll be. I'm debating whether to have it chambered, but that might just be going a bit far. I gather swamp ash is fairly light anyways.

• Members

Aye - that one was finished at the show. Gloss front with a really skinny burst at the edge - looked fantastic. There was a gorgeous wild redwood one as well in a satin finish - really random figuring and utterly gorgeous.

• Members
Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

I went to the London Guitar Show yesterday, and it was good.

Anyways, the T-Rex stand was particularly welcoming - free beer! They have a teeny tiny valve driven reverb on the way - probably on sale in August - that is quite wonderful, very clean and clear and lush with a modulated mode (quite subtle but adds some pleasant shimmer).

hmmm, the Room Mate

9449661.jpg

Archived