Which Compressor?

• Members

I've got an orange DOD 280 that does a decent job. I paid about half what I did for my tone press....which IS a better comp (the blend is a very nice feature)

the 280's a little less transparent, but transparent enough...and there's audible squish unless you really back off the compression...definitely a twangy 'audible attack' kinda thing going on....

It's opamp's a little noisy to use as a clean boost, but you can swap it out (I've heard a very desirable mod). But at pickup volumes or a little louder the noise isn't noticible really....

• Members

honestly, all of those compressors are great choices....i've owned the Boss (not nearly as bad as it's made out to be...especially for Nashville tones) and the Analogman Minibicomp (awesome)...BUT...if you want that Nashville squish tone, you really don't need to go spending big $'s on a "transparent" compressor...that classic Nashville tone isn't transparent, it's effected and squashed.....save the money for a sweet set of pickups and you'll do fine with a Dynacomp, Boss, Marshall, DOD......

Archived