Damn those dano mini pedals!!!

zinzin

• Members

Originally posted by zinzin

:mad:
i have the rocky road and the french toast - i love the sound of both, but they small knobs are a hit and miss plus the jack in on the french toast works on/off ...
its not reliable for playing live so i have to replace 'em.

rocky road - this is what i love about it: the sound, the gain and volume boost. yes, i love the boost 'cause it gets me instant lead roto sound with just one step and when i need it quieter for some rhythm leslie sound i simply turn down my guitar knob volume.

the boss RT-20 is to big and costs to much for me and i still have to try out the line2 rotomachine. what would you suggest me to do/try out/etc.?

french toast - love the sound. so i am thinking about the foxx tonemachine. but i don't want to spend more than 150 euro ('round 200 dollars). what else should i take into consideration?

damn those minis!!!!

Send them in to Dano, they will replace em for you. Trust me.

• Members

Originally posted by Tuemmueh

IvIark, could you paint a little picture or could you photograph how you did it in your modded Danos? That would be great!

This is a rough diagram to how I did it.

If you imagine the PCB in its original state with the input and output jacks connected to the PCB like this:

Image1.gif

Depending on what pedal you're doing these connections may not go directly to the PCB but this is just for reference

You would desolder the PCB where the jacks are connected so that you're bisecting the circuit. You could then put in a DPDT stomp switch wired like this:

Image2.gif

So in position 1 the blue link is used to pass the input signal directly to the output signal, in position 2 when you stomp the switch, it puts the PCB into the circuit.

You would then short out the contacts on the PCB that are made by the original effects stomp switch so that it is always "on".

Finally you would then need to drill the appropriate number of holes in the enclosure to mount the existing pots, jacks and DC socket.

if you use a 3PDT switch you could add your own LED or do what I did and simply use the LED that was part of the original pedal and already in the circuit.

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

bingo!

jimihalen, wasnt it you with the rehoused ChixSalad? who had that thing
:confused:

A good friend of mine in the UK is a freakin' genius.

Before:

B0002CZXS0.01-A3QI5PL377NJ1M._SCMZZZZZZZ

refused Dano parts:

partsout.jpg

After upgrade:

inside.jpg

And finally:

top.jpg

I could go for some ChixSalad right now... ;)

• Members

Because of the size ... and you always have to switch the dano's on before you can use the tb-box.

Originally posted by NiCkMiLnE

why not make a big box, have the pedl inside, and make a tb loop in the box..so its the pdal and the loop in the box

anyway, hows the pb&j?

• Members
Originally posted by english_bob

Many moons ago, Fernmeister tried rehousing and modding a French Toast pedal, and killed several. I don't know whether it was the rehousing or the replacement of the components that made them die, but die they did. You have been warned.

.....Yes, I won that contest.

• Members

Originally posted by hbar

.....Yes, I won that contest.

once I move to HK I will be in a country where I can mail electronic items without an export licence...

...and then your custom foxx clone will be on it's way. oh yes sir I never forget a promise.

• Members

Originally posted by Tonemeister69

I have one of the 'ol school Dano coolcats, which is in the bigger, more durable casing
:thu:

yes, those are big reliable stompboxes. danelectro should have housed all their pedals in those sturdy cases.

• Members

Originally posted by zinzin

since the dollar is very weak today buying the foxx in the US would be round 150 euros, not to expensive than.

i havent found an european online store who sells the foxx yet ... do you know any?

rehousing is very difficult. some people tried it but due to the very tiny innerlife of those danos its rather hard and most people don't even attempt it.

those minis are really meant to be activated with fingers i guess ...
:rolleyes:

i think haar guitars in the netherlands sells them..

www.haarguitars.nl

edit: 225 euro's..

• Members

I have a French Toast. I dig the octave fuzz sound, but its definitely the least used pedal I have (I mainly use it for chaotic noisy parts of songs).

I want to know is if there's a place that sells those clear Dano plastic knob covers individually.

Or does anyone have an extra they'd sell me???

Archived