Holiday with girlfriend OR two gigs?

Lanefair

• Members

I passed up a gig I really wanted to do over a night out cause my girlfriend at the time told me "Tell me you are going to play tonight and I will scream."

So I said "No... I won't play... I will go out with you tonight..."

In the long run I got her pregnant... did the right thing by marrying her... had another kid with her... our marriage sucked and we ended up getting divorced... now she makes my life miserable cause we have two kids together (age 8 and 9 now). She's a controlling, selfish, argumentative, witch and I can't get her out of my life cause of the kids.

If I had done that gig way back when.... it's quite possible that none of this would have ever happened.

• Members

Originally posted by KBN

Piss off one person, or piss off a bunch of people? Do the gigs and then take dancing lessons or something with the lady. Its a lot easier to kiss one person's ass than to kiss a collective ass.

This seems like knowledge from someone who's been there... and I can second him! And band members will hold it over your head FOREVER...

• Members

Originally posted by Lanefair

The inevitable has happened. I thought I'd covered all bases and got the time off to go away with my lady (i kind of promised), but it turns out the band booked a well paying cover gig AND put us in a fairly high profile battle of the bands. This last one is a pain because it's quite important and I kind of agreed to do the date ages ago and forgot about it and no one confirmed we were actually doing it.

Anyway the band's pissed, my lady is pissed. Whatever I decide to do someones going to be pissed (all the dates are non negotiable)

Shall I just stay home and play the blues?

Rock - You - Hard Place

• Members

UPDATE: I'm still waiting to hear back from one organiser. Basically if I can reschedule the important gig, I can cancel the other gig (it's only a covers gig) and keep everybody relatively sweet. Just have to play the old waiting game..... For the record, she's calmed down about it now, but still I need to show that I'm trying to fix things. Also we pretty much need to take a holiday in the next few weeks.

• Members

Originally posted by Lanefair

It's kind of my fault for saying I had the time free, and not entirely booking the time off with the band.

BUT - We hadn't actually got round to booking the holiday, so nothing's lost in that sense.

ALSO - I've never had to cancel a gig with the band in over 2 years, I kinda feel like I'm entitled to make an exception.

The jury's out on which one I'm more devoted to at the moment.

You can do the same thing with the woman on any weekend, however, the band thing is often a one of.

It takes a special woman to put up with a musician.

Archived