does anyone NOT have an mp3 player?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by crimson on pink

no. the last records i bought were just that...vinyl records. i'm regressing towards an amish state of mind with all this new technology.

The local "oldies" DJ here, Mr. Tom Moffett, is quite sadly lost in the 50's-60's:freak: On his radio show this morning he was talking about an album that came out way back when on vinyl, and said it was an "LP"; he had to explain on the air that it meant "long playing"!:rolleyes:

• Members

well, 256 will do about 40 songs, and it this one encodes so i though i could do a clip or two for the effects files. i listened to it for about 10 minutes this morning and put it away. i just thought it be good to have, and 50 bucks isnt bad. I have a md (had 2 ) im not interested in watching video on the bus, or like that. ive tried that with portable video players and was bored, id rather just sit and unwind. 40 songs, I didnt listen to 3 songs entirely.

best of all, the mp3 companys name is woodi!
I got a woodi!

anyway 58$ isnt that bad.

• Members
Originally posted by crimson on pink

no. the last records i bought were just that...vinyl records. i'm regressing towards an amish state of mind with all this new technology.

never fear, we'll be back to rocks and sticks before too long :wave:

• Members

I don't own one and I've only used them a couple times (since they are everywhere and everyone has them)... I kind of think they are bad for music and good for music in different ways.

I was wondering though... do you have to load all of these portable players with mp3's? Are there none that will let you put .wav 's on them? It seems to me that portable players like these should be able to play full quality tracks ( ...they should make ones that can if they can't) or even just any kind of track such as 24 bit or higher sampling rate audio tracks... I don't see what would stop them from putting this in other than the fact that most people wouldn't use the capability. But really, would it cost anything more to implement?

Archived