Visual Sound One spot power adapter

aussy

• Members

Anyone had any experience with these? I only use 2-3 pedals at the moment, usually boss and digitech, and I'm sick of them eating 9 volts like crazy. I can get one of these adapters on ebay for $20 and have them all covered, or I can spend $30+ to buy an adapter for each pedal. What are your thoughts?

• Members

Do you think it will work with my digitech bad monkey? I looked at the list of supported pedals/adapters, but couldn't find it there. I can't see a reason why it wouldn't though considering it runs off of 9 volts.

edit: Also, I'm confused how this works. Would you just plug the adapter into one pedal and that powers the rest. I read on one site that was selling them something about attaching additional cables or plugs to power more pedals. :confused:

• Members

For 2 or 3 pedals, the OneSpot is all you will need. You could probably power a couple of power sucking digital pedals and a few others like the Bad Monkey with no problems.

I use a DC Brick because I like having individual power plugs going to each pedal. Makes it easier to get them set up than having to use a single daisy chain going from pedal to pedal. But with the amount you're talking about, the daisy chain will work perfectly.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Thought I'd recycle and ask my own One Spot questions here.

I got one of the early versions before the combo pack was available with the extra adapters. I can get the C35 (3.5mm adapter) at Musicians Friend, but they don't carry the CBAT (9 volt battery clip adapter). I wonder if there is any reason why the Godlyke Battery Clip Jumper wouldn't work on my current One Spot daisy chain. It's basically just the two ends I need with wires inbetween, correct?

Mostly I'm just trying to save on shipping here. I can get the VS CBAT adapter for $2.50 on eBay, but I'm placing an order at MF anyway.

Also, I don't have a lot of pedals yet, but I'm curious as to what is the most pedals anyone has successfully connected to a One Spot.

Thanks!

Archived