WC Italy v. Australia

4Kenoath

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

i thought australia were the better team in the match.....

too bad the referee had "free pizza for the rest of the year"-contract.

:freak:

just like the ref in sweden game laughed in the face of Lucic when he sent him off for almost not touching ze german schwein.

:thu:

Sucks huh!?
:( :(

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by adolf

Wasn't that special!

I hope they have the stones to ban Figo for that headbutt....Doubtful though.

IF he gets away with it...Basically says "We are FIFA AND WE WILL MAKE UP NEW RULES AS WE GO ALONG"

Magic eh?

It makes you wonder why we bother going!

:wave:

Exactly ... well I could get very technically pissed off and claim that since England invented modern football that it is England and NOT FIFA that should make the decisions on the officiating of the game!

• Members
Originally posted by Juat

:love:

No love for antagonistic SMUG idiots like you.
:wave: :wave:
Another Brazil "fan" come crawling out into the daylight when the World Cup turns up.....Just like roaches you lot!

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Exactly ... well I could get very technically pissed off and claim that since England invented modern football that it is England and NOT FIFA that should make the decisions on the officiating of the game!

Irony is IF Engalnd were calling the shots, the cheating would be even worse....As in people taking advantage of us trying to "do the right thing"
Queensbury rules and all that good stuff!
:D :D

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

i thought australia were the better team in the match.....

too bad the referee had "free pizza for the rest of the year"-contract.

just like the ref in sweden game laughed in the face of Lucic when he sent him off for almost not touching ze german schwein.

Thanks Olle ... you're a good man - I thought Sweden got {censored}ed too actually as did the Netherlands. Nobody complains when a game is fairly won and lost but this has been the WORST World Cup I have ever seen for disgusting refereeing ... never been worse and if I was within reach I would actually fire bomb FIFA head Quarters. :mad:

That's possibly the Irish blood talking though. :D

• Members

I think it was actually a fair result.

- I didnt like the red card that Italy got that gave them 10 men for a full half

- The final penalty -I think the guy dived(hey hes Italian) but I DO think it was a penalty - if it happened at the other end for Australia I wouldve had no problems with it.

Australia dominated but Italy had the real chances. They deserved it in a way.

That being said - Italians will always be known as sooks and divers:cry: Australians will have a different image :thu:

• Members

Thanks Olle ... you're a good man - I thought Sweden got {censored}ed too actually as did the Netherlands. Nobodyu complains when a game is fairly won and lost but this has been the WORST World Cup I have ever seen for disgusting refereeing ... never been worse and if I was within reach I would actually fire bomb FIFA head Quarters.
:mad:

EXACTLY.
People can always acknowledge the better team IF they win for the right reasons....
We have seen some shocking examples of the wrong reasons winning games....
Very sad.

• Members
Originally posted by Remedy

I think it was actually a fair result.

- I didnt like the red card that Italy got that gave them 10 men for a full half

- The final penalty -I think the guy dived(hey hes Italian) but I DO think it was a penalty - if it happened at the other end for Australia I wouldve had no problems with it.

Australia dominated but Italy had the real chances. They deserved it in a way.

That being said - Italians will always be known as sooks and divers.
:cry:
Australians will have a different image

Do you really feel the Australian player(Lucas) PLAYED THE BALL? IE hand to ball versus the smart Italian kickiing it at his hand and then falling over the player trying to get out of the way?
If so...Fair comment.
I felt it wasn't a penalty BUT it is just one opinion.

• Members

Irony is IF Engalnd were calling the shots, the cheating would be even worse....As in people taking advantage of us trying to "do the right thing"

Queensbury rules and all that good stuff!

:D
:D

But you know what I mean with FIFA though? It's kind of like greaseball club ... Netherlands get {censored}ed, Sweden get's {censored}ed, WEEEE get {censored}ed ... what's the connection here so far?

• Members

EXACTLY.

People can always acknowledge the better team IF they win for the right reasons....

We have seen some shocking examples of the wrong reasons winning games....

Very sad.

I think it comes down to the divefest that soccer has become - really ruins the game.

It would be a nightmare for refs to try and differentiate real from dive when the action is full pace.

• Members

But you know what I mean with FIFA though? It's kind of like greaseball club ... Netherlands get {censored}ed, Sweden get's {censored}ed, WEEEE get {censored}ed ... what's the connection here so far?

{censored}y decisions....
For once I wont fan the flames...well, not just yet!
I can't wait to see what happens in Serie A.
:wave: :wave:

• Members

I think it comes down to the divefest that soccer has become - really ruins the game.

It would be a nightmare for refs to try and differentiate real from dive when the action is full pace.

I agree....That is why video technology has to happen.

The game is now too fast and there is too much at stake for this amateur hour approach!

• Members

Which is whyyyyy every sane football person in the game and out has been calling for the use of modern technology to make correct decisions so we don't have to go through this {censored} over and over again! They have a 3rd and 4th official sitting infront of TV's with replays ... what the {censored} for????!!!

• Members

Which is whyyyyy every sane football person in the game and out has been calling for the use of modern technology to make correct decisions so we don't have to go through this {censored} over and over again! They have a 3rd and 4th official sitting infront of TV's with replays ... what the {censored} for????!!!

To call in their bets to the gambling syndicates!

• Members

Do you really feel the Australian player(Lucas) PLAYED THE BALL? IE hand to ball versus the smart Italian kickiing it at his hand and then falling over the player trying to get out of the way?

If so...Fair comment.

I felt it wasn't a penalty BUT it is just one opinion.

hm, I thought it was a penalty against Lucas for tripping him, I didnt know it was a handball.

I think he dived definitely but at the same time I think the defender was beaten and was in the road in a goal scoring opportunity.

Maybe Im just trying to justify my own dissapointment ??:freak:

• Members

but then the games become harder/more obvious to rig:thu: nudge nudge wink wink..

• Members

hm, I thought it was a penalty against Lucas for tripping him, I didnt know it was a handball.

I think he dived definitely but at the same time I think the defender was beaten and was in the road in a goal scoring opportunity.

Maybe Im just trying to justify my own dissapointment ??

I figured it was for the ball and hand.
IF it was given for a trip...Wow! That is even worse!
I had the volume down low so as not to wake up "her iindoors!"

• Members

if you are saying what i think you are saying, this is very uncool of you, TIKIROCKER.

• Members

Oh did something
I
say offend you THIS time? Good {censored} ... good!

well no matter what you think of me, i think taht the "greaseball" comment was not cool. :(

• Members

Crap game, crap decisions. Australia played the more honest game and deserved to win. Italy played their usual poncey 'dive for fouls' game.

Football has been ruined by diving, no doubt there at all. When i was a kid we never used to dive, never even occured to us, but at the footie feild near me the kids teams dive all over the place. It is now 'part of the game'. Boo! :o

Archived