Rig Downsizing Advice Needed!

inscho

• Members

So here is my current pedalboard:

DSC04792.jpg

which is well and good, but I am spending more time twiddling knobs than writing music. and I have always been a fan of minimalism. I've been getting some good deals on pedals recently so my board has gotten a bit out of hand, so I am looking to trim it down.

here is what I am thinking will go:

tu2-good tuner, but I want something more accurate and that won't suck any of the sparkle out of my amp. I'll probably get a strobostomp.

ph1r-good, but I rarely ever use it.

big muff-too bassy and modern sounding for my tastes. I need something with more mids.

ehx pulsar-I use it once every blue moon, and I have my amp trem for most uses.

dd20-I am using only the analog setting with different times, so why don't I just get a single analog delay unit...something that can oscillate.

dl4-I am only using the volume swell feature, which is me just being lazy since I can just use my volume knob. all of the other options are very useful to me.

so the only thing that I really want to keep is the reverend drivetrain. :cry:

what analog delay do you recommend? I don't need more than 500ms, I don't need modulation, and it needs to self oscillate.

what fuzz should I be looking into? a vintage sounding midrangey fuzz that has a small footprint.

and I would like to get a wah...something that takes well to fuzz. something that has a good sweep that I rock slowly to get a phaser-esque effect.

:wave:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Build the DD-20 delay from BYOC. It sounds like an analog delay and it's small.

Get a Skreddy Screw Driver. The Screw Driver can sound like a Fuzz...and it might make you reconsider the Drivetrain.

I want your PH-1R. PM me if you want to get rid of it.

• Members
Originally posted by KRAA!!

Build the DD-20 delay from BYOC. It sounds like an analog delay and it's small.

Get a Skreddy Screw Driver. The Screw Driver can sound like a Fuzz...and it might make you reconsider the Drivetrain.

I want your PH-1R. PM me if you want to get rid of it.

I prefer to steer away from digital, it doesn't oscillate the same as analog. plus I'm not getting rid of the dd20 so I have the digital realm covered if I need it.

screw driver eh? I'll have to check the clips out.

and I'll be pm'ing you shortly. :)

• Members
Originally posted by SASQUATCH

Keep the Drivetrain, DD-20, & TU-2.

Get a TB loooper for the tuner.

The End.

:)

the dd20 doesn't self oscillate and I can't intonate my guitar very well with a tu2....

• Members

analog delay - 500 ms - self oscillates - no modulation needed....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

the only analog delays with at least 500 ms are the Memory Lane, EHX DMM, EchoCzar, Moog, Maxon AD900/999, and the old Carl Martin DeLayla - a pretty pricey bunch (you can usually get a pretty good deal on the DMM's) and not the smallest of pedals. The Maxons and the DeLayla are NOT TB. The old DMM's aren't either, but the new ones are.

I'd suggest either settle for 300 ms and get an Arion SAD-1 or a Boss DM2, or get the Ibanez DE7. The DE7 is digital but it has an excellent analog sound and is one of the most controllable out of control self oscillators I have played.

• Members
Originally posted by BmoreTele

analog delay - 500 ms - self oscillates - no modulation needed....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

the only analog delays with at least 500 ms are the Memory Lane, EHX DMM, EchoCzar, Moog, Maxon AD900/999, and the old Carl Martin DeLayla - a pretty pricey bunch (you can usually get a pretty good deal on the DMM's) and not the smallest of pedals. The Maxons and the DeLayla are NOT TB. The old DMM's aren't either, but the new ones are.

I'd suggest either settle for 300 ms and get an Arion SAD-1 or a Boss DM2, or get the Ibanez DE7. The DE7 is digital but it has an excellent analog sound and is one of the most controllable out of control self oscillators I have played.

i thought the dmm was only up to 300ms?

• Members

Originally posted by stompboxx

How's about (this is a bit of a tangent): A Captain Coconut 2, Strobostomp and a Memory Lane?

2 pedals, less knobs, lots of options. Great delay, a great fuzz, and a couple of nice options for your sound.

great pedals but I don't need a univibe or octave...and from what I understand the memory lane's strongpoint is the modulation...which i need either. just plain analog warmth and nice oscillation.

Archived