Recommend me an Amp

Vince

• Members

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, I just wanted to check I hadn't missed anything.

Completely seperate point, how much did it cost again to post your fender to me?? And where are you again? I only ask, cos I need to send an amp to Dublin.

• Members

Originally posted by fernmeister

the only suggestion I could make that *might* squeeze into that range is a victoria. real tweed fenders could fit your bill.

teahead, I have played one of those plexis. really sensational stuff!

I tried a double deluxe a few weeks ago, and I was hooked. Really really nice amp, but I can't stretch to

• Members

Originally posted by Vince

Nice score, but I want something a bit "classier"

Yeah, I too was taken in with the whole boutique amp thing for a while. But I a/b'd this with an F30, an AC30, and a Dr. Z Maz 18, and my ears weren't impressed enough with the others to shell out the extra coin. Tubes are tubes, ciruits are circuits, and wood is wood. The right pedal will make any amp sound decent enough that the crowd wouldn't know what you're playing and wouldn't care either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by CapnMarvel

STOP POSTING PR0N ON THIS BOARD, DAMMIT!! I'm READING this at WORK!!!

Seriously it kills me to see those pics. I wish this hadn't gotten bumped. Just makes me depressed that I'm broke and can't have one. :cry:

• Members
Originally posted by papa taco

Hayseed.

Don't fret Papa T - I'm just waiting for my credit card to come through so I can pay the deposit, and then I'll have 6 months of waiting.;)

One Armed Alec - The amp was brand new. Sounded absolutely fantastic. Would buy one tomorrow if I had that much spare cash! I'd still like to try one of Ted Webers kits and build one.
The Victoria seemed well made and put together. If it's what you're looking for, then you can't get better. I believe that Olle has recently got a low powered tweed twin from Victoria - he'd be in a better place to answer any questions you may have.
Oh, and it was Jam guitars. Lots of nice stuff, but all a bit out of my price range.

• Members

i have the low powered Victoria Tweed Twin..its a "tone"-beast !
i dont need reverb and i love the fantastic clean shimmer and amazing thump this amp delivers. It was one of my best amp-purchases ever, if not the best.

Hayseed is one of the best amps also out there...especially for the price.

• Members

Originally posted by ollenorin

only problem with hayseed is that you wont see yr amp til after christmas....

mine is 3 months away now.

still debating over head vs 2x12 combo....what speakers do you have in yr cab and what cab u got papa ?

1x12 hayseed 15 combo with 30 watt alnico weber blue dog. Yummy.

taco

Archived