Best Bang For Buck A/B Pedal?

Ryan F

• Members

I picked up a Morley Tripler on Ebay as a B stock -- it was about $50. It's not passive, and it will do more than your A/B pedal, but for the same price as a typical, passive A/B...

Or you can check out the DIY forum for a schematic using 2 3PDT switches. With shipping, the DIY route should be around $20.

c

• Members

Not meaning to hijack, but.......

I need an A/B box, too. Since I'm selling my X-100B and keeping my Mig 100U I figure I need an A/B box to " switch channels". The Mig is a single channel head, but has 2 inputs, high and low.

With that in mind, do I need a different pedal than what has been recommended above?

• Members

Originally posted by Ironhandjohn

Not meaning to hijack, but.......

I need an A/B box, too. Since I'm selling my X-100B and keeping my Mig 100U I figure I need an A/B box to " switch channels". The Mig is a single channel head, but has 2 inputs, high and low.

With that in mind, do I need a different pedal than what has been recommended above?

Nope - you don't need any isolation if you're switching between two channels in the same head. I'd still avoid the DOD and Morley on the basis that as I understand it they don't ground the unused output, and you'll therefore get bleed-through.

• Members

I borrowed someone's Morley ABY, and its a total POS. It leaves a massive ground loop which makes the two amps unusable. Theres about 30% signal bleed to the unused amp.

Does anyone have a list of isolated output A/B's that wont bleed through? I'm liking that EH Nano, but does it have isolated outputs?

Thanks

• Members

Isolated A/B and A/B/Y boxes are quite few and far between, compared to regular non-isolated ones. But there are a few to be found:

Lehle
Framptone Amp Switcher
Radial (as pictured earlier, although "true bypass" has nothing to do with anything - an A/B simply can not be TB)
Roger Mayer Crossroads
MonkeyFX (dot-dot-dot's outfit - by far the cheapest, and most "bang for the buck")

There may be a couple more, but those are the best known ones.

/Andreas

• Members
Originally posted by ZeroFiveFour

http://www.loop-master.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=23

This one will last you a life time.

Loop master makes great stuff.

Is anyone even looking at this??? Jesus, your loss. :rolleyes:

It's just what you need and better built and cheaper than most other A/B's... I'm about to order one myself.

I suggest you actually LOOK at this.

• Members
Originally posted by Ryan F

I borrowed someone's Morley ABY, and its a total POS. It leaves a massive ground loop which makes the two amps unusable. Theres about 30% signal bleed to the unused amp.

Does anyone have a list of isolated output A/B's that wont bleed through? I'm liking that EH Nano, but does it have isolated outputs?

Thanks

www.startouchpedals.com

• Members
Originally posted by fearofnightmare

:eek:

That's hellacheap. I need an ABY for my keyboards...I'll definitely go with them...

Thank God SOMEONE has sense. I bet that'll beat the {censored} out of any EHX quality product :rolleyes: I love EHX, but come on, look at the difference in components and build quality here! The EHX A/B has plastic jacks!!

Oh well, some kids just won't pay attention :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by onbongos

under the condition that i receive the ABY box i bought last week on ebay (he does say it'll take 10 days from auction close since he builds them to order)

You won't have any problems. I got an A/B from him and he was right on the mark on build/delivery. And hell, I'm in Canada. Great product for the price. Great quality. Choice of enclosure color and LED colors. Can't be beat IMO.

• Members
Originally posted by theSGkid

Thank God SOMEONE has sense. I bet that'll beat the {censored} out of any EHX quality product
:rolleyes:
I love EHX, but come on, look at the difference in components and build quality here! The EHX A/B has plastic jacks!!

Oh well, some kids just won't pay attention
:rolleyes:

I am glad you noticed as well as fearofnightmare.

I own 2 pieces of gear from loop-master and they are definitely fantastic boxes. Thats why I recommend them to everyone in need. Brian will also custom build the boxes to your specs if you would like. I had one of the boxes customized with awesome success. The best customer service and gear imho.

Enjoy,

• Members
Originally posted by theSGkid

....I love EHX, but come on, look at the difference in components and build quality here! The EHX A/B has plastic jacks!!....

You mean EHX is hyping stronger boxes for the Nano-line, but the darn jacks are plastic? (Or is it just the switcher that has plastic jacks?)

Archived