Who has a voodoolab super fuzz?

KirkHammett1

• Members

Heres the clip on the M.F. website and I like the tone quite a bit.

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/media/product/mp3/15/153510_superfuzz_1mono.MP3

Heres one from Voodoo Labs site, it sounds like a completely different pedal.

http://accelerate.voodoolab.com/audio/SuperFuzz_Fuzz_O_La.mp3

What the crap? I like the one from the MF website, but the ones on voodoo I would never buy the pedal.

So whats more accurate you think?

• Members

They're both Blues Sareceno-the first one's from a demo cd I have-the other one I haven't heard before. The second one doesn't sound as fuzzy as the first one but I like both actually. I didn't like the pedal that much when I tried it years ago, but I wouldn't mind giving it a second chance.

• Members

Buy my Bosstone off eBay. It's the early version iof the VL superfuzz. The first clips sounds exaclty like with volume at 11 o'clock and the fuzz at about 4 o'clock. The second one sounds like the volume at 2 o' clock and the fuzz at 11 o' clock.

Both are very accurate clips.

• Members
Originally posted by KirkHammett1

By "accurate" I mean, well accurate. Its not that hard. Pedals in a clip dont always sound like they do in person.

Like I said...they both acccurately demo the pedal. It's all about how you set it, what amp or guitar you use it with, who's playing it, etc.

Those clips...THAT is how the pedal CAN sound.

Whether or not you will get those sounds "in person" depends on a lot of factors, but those clips both represent sounds you CAN get from that pedal "in person".

What are you NOT understanding here? :confused:

• Members

Bosstone the switch etc. are seperate from the cicuit board. Superfuzz has Resonance and Tone knobs added, with these two knobs at 12:00 it sounds the same the the Bosstone. I think these knbos are just for people who don't know how to use their tone and volume knobs with a fuzz pedal.

• Members
Originally posted by Ty Gerhardt

Like I said...they both acccurately demo the pedal. It's all about how you set it, what amp or guitar you use it with, who's playing it, etc.

Those clips...THAT is how the pedal CAN sound.

Whether or not you will get those sounds "in person" depends on a lot of factors, but those clips both represent sounds you CAN get from that pedal "in person".

What are you NOT understanding here?
:confused:

I didnt realize you owned one.

Guess I didnt know it was so versatile.

• Members

It's extremely versatile. Atleast the Bosstone is, especailly with your guitars volume knob. you can go from slight dirt on chords, clean lead to overdrive to swimming in ripped speaker like fuzz. Just bido n my pedal already.

I'm only selling it to put towards my motorcycle. I'll probably end up buying another when I get extra money.

• Members

Originally posted by W.A.S.

It's extremely versatile. Atleast the Bosstone is, especailly with your guitars volume knob. you can go from slight dirt on chords, clean lead to overdrive to swimming in ripped speaker like fuzz. Just bido n my pedal already.

I'm only selling it to put towards my motorcycle. I'll probably end up buying another when I get extra money.

I'm watchin your auction. I think you sold me.

• Members

. I think these knbos are just for people who don't know how to use their tone and volume knobs with a fuzz pedal.

wrong.

i have been using fuzz for quite some time, with a variety of guitars and amps. I know how touse my vol and tone knobs, and i am sorry, but there are sounds that this pedal offers that are just not possible when only tweaking those two. the resonance knob adds quite the tonal variety.

I like mine quite a bit, but actually think i might sell soon, along with most my other fuzzes. New things in the works, ya know!

• Members

I use it on a clean sound. The volume on the pedal can get really loud, you would probably be pushing your amp a bit with that anyway. It's also quite sensitive to your picking. Please stop getting me talk about this pedal, it's making it harder to let go of it.

• Members

Originally posted by LoneStarGuitar

wrong.

i have been using fuzz for quite some time, with a variety of guitars and amps. I know how touse my vol and tone knobs, and i am sorry, but there are sounds that this pedal offers that are just not possible when only tweaking those two. the resonance knob adds quite the tonal variety.

You can't tell me my ears are wrong. I couldn't find a Superfuzz sound I couldn't make with my Bosstone without my guitar knobs and by switching pickups.

• Members

You can't tell me my ears are wrong. I couldn't find a Superfuzz sound I couldn't make with my Bosstone without my guitar knobs and by switching pickups.

i can tell you that you like your bosstone.

i can also say that i can get many different sounds with all four knobs on my super fuzz and the four knobs on my paul or SG.

which are different sounds than i got with my old bosstone and paul.

• Members

Man, you should just keep the bosstone. It sounds like you'll regret getting rid of it.

Well, I went to my local GC, which is more of a mini GC, and they didnt have one.

:(

I'd really like to hear this thing in person. But hell, I think I might just give it a go.

I'll sleep on it I think.

• Members
Originally posted by KirkHammett1

Man, you should just keep the bosstone. It sounds like you'll regret getting rid of it.

Well, I went to my local GC, which is more of a mini GC, and they didnt have one.

:(

I'd really like to hear this thing in person. But hell, I think I might just give it a go.

I'll sleep on it I think.

i think ya ought to hit it.
i love mine.

• Members

I have one.
The first clip sounded more like a British type amp, and the second one a Fender. I prefer the sound of all my fuzzes through a British amp.
I like it, but haven't used mine in awhile. After hearing those clips, especially the 1st one, I think I'll be dragging it out from under the bed...

Archived