No booze after 2am in CA

gr8fuldodd

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

Unless you work second shift and are just getting off work.

If that's the case and you need more booze after 2am, then that means you've been drinking on the job!

I don't mind the 2am thing... at some point the bars and stores have to close so that people can go to bed. Let's say they change it to 4:30. Can you imagine the kind of people, if any, would be buying booze?

• Members

Originally posted by Joe Klink

If that's the case and you need
more
booze after 2am, then that means you've been drinking on the job!

I don't mind the 2am thing... at some point the bars and stores have to close so that people can go to bed. Let's say they change it to 4:30. Can you imagine the kind of people, if any, would be buying booze?

It is 4:00am in New York. In younger days my problem was Sunday mornings. You'd leave the club between four and five am and it is illegal to sell alcohol between 4:00am and 12:00pm on Sundays. Luckily my local bodega would oblige me, but I once had to convince a deli guy that I was a cop to get him to sell me the beer at about 7:00am when I was partying at a friends house.

• Members

Originally posted by Joe Klink

If that's the case and you need
more
booze after 2am, then that means you've been drinking on the job!

That's a bunch of crap. I used to work swing shift back in my early 20's. Got off work at midnight. Then if we wanted to go to the bar and play pool or something we"d head to the bar, and had time for two games, and one drink, and that was it.

Trying to control people, and assuming that everyone workd 9 to 5 is BS. It's not the goverments job to enforce bed times.

• Members

Originally posted by itstartsstoppin

same thing here in florida. on sunday nights its midnight
:freak::evil:

you sure about all of Florida?

i used to party in the Miami area and they stayed open untill 4am for sure, and maybe all night.

i just remeber thinking how much of a joke LA is for partying compared to Miami.

• Members

Originally posted by stompboxx

It's been like that forever in England, except the time is 11pm.

Do what we do and binge drink until you can't talk.

see, that works in the UK or here in NYC cuz everyone rides the subway or bus home totally {censored}faced.

but in the rest of the US everyone has to hurry up and liquor up before 2 am, then all the drunks spill out onto the streets DRIVING HOME!

great plan.

:thu:

• Members

Always seemed like a silly law to me though I can't remember it inconveniencing me more that 2 or 3 times in the 27 years I've been drinking.

I live in a state that still has a bunch of dry counties and only sells liquor from state-run ABC "package" stores. 30 years ago, most of the wet counties didn't allow liquor-by-the-drink sales.

Don't get me started on SC's liquor laws.

• Members

Originally posted by RupertB

Always seemed like a silly law to me though I can't remember it inconveniencing me more that 2 or 3 times in the 27 years I've been drinking.

I live in a state that still has a bunch of dry counties and only sells liquor from state-run ABC "package" stores. 30 years ago, most of the wet counties didn't allow liquor-by-the-drink sales.

Don't get me started on SC's liquor laws.

West Texas has alot of the dry county stuff ( damned baptists), alot of times it's so far to the next town or county that people get drunk on the ride back home and wreck and die before getting home.

• Members

Here in Ga you can't buy beer at all on Sundays...from like 2am on... (somebody else from Ga might know the details) The grocery stores cut the lights out in the beer cooler section.

Although, you can buy it at a place that serves food on Sunday. Wierd law...

Archived