How long till the election rhetoric gears up?

LongJohnny

• Members

How long before Americans educate themselves instead of voting based on TV soundbytes.

Funny how much fallacy and nonsense a politician can fit into a single catchphrase. They win, because their opponent couldn't possibly unravel all that sticky, deceptive, illogical bull{censored} in a 30-second commercial. How many good people are never heard from because they don't spend all their time doing fundraising and courting lobbyists, and hence cannot afford to buy TV time.

Its up to us to start thinking critically, thinking things through, getting information beyond that force-fed through the mass/commercial media.

Secret for you Americans: The dirtiest political tricks are commonly played in the mid-term elections, because the party hardcores know that average voters are too apathetic to vote in a non-presidential campaign.

Investigate your local issues and congressional candidates now and vote your conscience rather than the party line.

• Members

You know what would be really cool?

If people didn't use the effects forum to post political bull{censored}. It's like discussing the meaning of life in a public restroom while you're taking a dump. Pretty lame venue I'd think.

Of course, that's just my opinion and you're welcome to it.:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by dan-o-guitar

You know what would be really cool?

If people didn't use the effects forum to post political bull{censored}. It's like discussing the meaning of life in a public restroom while you're taking a dump. Pretty lame venue I'd think.

Of course, that's just my opinion and you're welcome to it.
:wave:

I am simply asking a question, no left or right, just wondering out loud. Last election, it got pretty messy in here.

John

• Members

It would be nice if we didn't get ugly.

Of course, I slipped badly with that "IQ of a Bush Supporter" thread :)

I was really crabby that day.

Of course, Grover Norquist said he wanted to drive the fighting into all the states, and he did.

But liberals were really {censored}ty to conservatives in the 60, which I think was uncool.

• Members
Originally posted by (((echo)))

..and so here you are to kick off this years mess. seriously john what's the point of baiting for an argument you know you'll get??

for someone with a successful parts business and piles of gear i'm sure you've got better things to talk about here..

:o

It is a Friday night and I am married. I dont go to bars, and get drunk, or fight anymore, so I have to do something with my spare time.

Do you think that I have done any starting of recent political threads?

John

• Members

i honestly don't know.. i don't keep track but you did start this thread which is obviously stirring an over cooked pot. like i said i'd think you have more to offer this forum than this but then i'm {censored}ing sick of politics, political threads in music forums, and people trolling for the same fight that no one wins.. forget i even posted and carry on down the beaten path

• Members

i'm going to sit this one out. my honest view from outside the US, is that this campaign will be massively bullcrap ridden, with a lot of point scoring and name calling, but it won't change the direction of much.

i'm going to bypass it on the news, the papers and online in blogs and forums. there are other things I want to think about right now.

the situation in the US courts and in the lead-up to the next presidential race is far more relevant to those of us outside the US.

Archived