Which fuzz to buy first??

grishnakh

• Members

but which currently available pedals are you considering now?

there is the jim dunlop reissue fuzz face which is completely crap, and i know no pedal with tonebender in the name which is currently in production...

i built the clones from BYOC (http://www.buildyourownclone.com ) myself, both are really great, and i like the tonebender more. but it's just my taste.

• Members

It's really a conundrum, man. I was a '69 fuzz lover for so long, but I kept having this nagging feeling I was missing out on the Tonebender. I got a couple of Bender clones I didn't like, so I thought I'd made my decision for the Face for good, but now I got a Soul Bender and I'm totally up poop river because I like them both, but can't justify having two similar-but-different fuzzes on my board at the same time.

Not helpful, am I? Aww, well. I guess my answer is that either one will work. Just get a Fulltone!

• Members

Originally posted by jb1911

There are people who have way more than 2 fuzzes on their boards.

The max I would have is two, and one of them would be a Muff clone. Two OD's, a booster, and two fuzzes is as insanely dirt-intensive as I can allow myself to be.

• Members

Well, isn't a Tone Bender just a fuzz face with an extra transistor added or something? I seem to recall its pretty easy to do a mod to a fuzzface clone that will add a footswitchable tone bender circuit addition so you could have both in the same pedal. I wanna say it was the BYOC fuzz that had it, but I can't remember for sure.

Archived