Could this be the cheapest new Overdrive pedal ever???

Jaymeister

• Members

Only $9.99 :freak:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Arion-MTE1-Tubulator-Distortion-Pedal?sku=150509

238978.jpg

MF Reviews:

Great for overdriving an amp!

Features: 5

Quality: 5

Value: 8

Overall: 9

DEATH from EVERYWHERE

Experience: I own it

Background: BEEN PLAYIN FOREVER

Style of Music: EVERYTHING

Product: Arion MTE-1 Tubulator Distortion Pedal

Sep 18, 2006 - I've been through a LOT of pedals, modified plenty of them and even built my own. Some how this $15 piece of plastic does the best job pushing an amp with good voicing over the edge. It's far better than a Tube Screamer and basically the same pedal as the old Rocktek DIR-01. Harmonics galore! Now all they need to do is change absolutely nothing about the circuit and sell it in a heavy duty metal housing.

The best for your $

Features: 9

Quality: 10

Value: 10

Overall: 10

less than paul from palm coast, FL

Background: guitarist

Style of Music: rock

Aug 24, 2006 - This pedal is awesome. I have a fender amp which is really clean I bought this pedal for practice it works great. My friend has a huge foot board and my pedal is better then his. This is the best pedal ever for dirt cheap. Although it dosent have a lot of features it works great. (This is important make sure you get a asinput electric plug cause an hour of usin the battery and its dead)

Decent Tube Tone

Features: 4

Quality: 5

Value: 9

Overall: 5

Fretmaster from Roanoke, VA

Background: Hobbyist

Style of Music: Rock, Blues, Metal

Aug 19, 2006 - I got this pedal because the price was definitely right. While it doesn't provide any heavy distortion, I could tweak it to get that ZZ Top light distorted tube sound. All in all, it's a decent pedal for the money.

Sweet!!!!

Features: 10

Quality: 8

Heri Morales from Carolina, PR

Background: Hobbyist, 18 years+

Style of Music: Clasic metal, 80's, Latin, Popular, etc...

Aug 15, 2006 - Simple, low cost and nice tube sound. Add a equalizer and configurate a diversity of sounds to clasic rock-blues overdrive to a 80's Randy Roads-Judas Priest metal. You don't be desapointed with it, and for the price, dude everybody has deserve one...

Arion MTE-1 Tubulator

Features: 7

Quality: 4

Overall: 7

LoFiBrian from Toledo, OH

Background: Recording Engineer

Style of Music: Rock

Jul 8, 2006 - Ok so it's plastic all over and made in Sri Lanka. But it has the same basic chip used in a ton of those green OD pedals that we all love! It can be had for under twenty clams usually too!It's no Tank and it does not sound just like my TS9. But it sounds and performs darn good for cash!

• Members

More reviews::confused:

kick ass pedal

The Godfather from springtown, TX

Background: Rising Star

Style of Music: Underground Metal/ True Metal

Apr 22, 2006 - This pedal is really cool if your going to play lots of heavy metal. I play with my band Purgatorio and it's good for play alot of the softer songs. But when I need it to go hard and heavy I use this pedal or the Digi Tech Metal Master. Thanks.

Awesome Pedal

Features: 8

Sts70004 from Washington

Background: Rising Star

Style of Music: Rock

Jan 2, 2006 - This is one of the most awesome pedals I've ever played!! I can either go for a classic rock sound with less gain and about mid level, or I can bring down the gain just a little, and bring up the level and use it as a boost to get some wicked sweet distortion on my practice amp! Without a doubt one of the best pedals for the price!

omg i love this pedal

Arionsrgood from New York City/New York

Background: Professtional Studio Artist/Active Musician

Style of Music: Hard Rock/Metal/Thrash

Nov 5, 2005 - This pedal tops them all, the tone is just out of this world..i've been playing guitar now for over 10 years and i've never heard a pedal that sounds as awesome as this pedal does. Whether you're in the studio or playing a show..this pedal is definately for you. Arions are great.

Good buy, but...

Quality: 9

Drumsnguitar from Kearney, NE

Background: active musician, recording engineer

Style of Music: indie rock

Sep 22, 2005 - I bought this pedal a few months ago, and I am pretty happy with it. I wish it had seperate high mid and low controls, instead of just one tone knob. It definitely takes some tweaking once out of the box, to get a good tone with it. Once you find it though, it really does have a good sound. I wish that it was made a little stronger though. I feel like I'm going to break it, whenever I stomp it. But for the price, you can't beat it. Recommended for all beginning to intermediate players.

Simplistic

Quality: 7

Value: 8

Overall: 7

TRiG* from Nowheresville, NO

Background: Wandering Minstrel

Style of Music: The slow fast kind

Aug 22, 2005 - This pedal is very simplistic and easy to use. I can imagine it being made of plastic a problem maybe 6 months from now, but I stomp mine prety hard and it's holding up. I bought it because it didn't have very much to it. I just wanted my amp top be louder and that's what I got.

Almost a TS808!

Quality: 8

Sam from Ham Lake, MN

Background: Active Musician

Style of Music: Modern Rock, Alternative, Worship

Aug 9, 2005 - This pedal is awesome. Amazing for the price. I have only played it into a solid state amp though. Makes it sound much better. Sometime I will try to drive a tube amp with it. I also have the Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer Re-issue. It is a little bit better than this. The sound is almost identical except that this has a little more grind and is a little more muddy. Great with my Gibson Les Paul.

Great Pedal!

R.Waters from Hot Springs, AR

Style of Music: Classic rock, alternative, blues

May 27, 2005 - I just got this in the mail today. I was suprised by the clean crisp sound it delivered on my Peavey 60 watt amp. I would recommend this, especially for the great price. (I used it with a Gibson Les Paul Standard.)

A Great , Cheap Dist. Pedal

Quality: 9

FutureShredMonkey from Oak Island, N.C.

Style of Music: Rock, Hard Rock, Metal

May 10, 2005 - I have to say, this is an excellent pedal. Soft overdrive ona clean channel, but it turns your amp into a lead amp on a dirty channel. Use it for leads and palm-muting. On bass strings, forget about it.

Pretty good

Lone Ranger from APO, AE

Style of Music: Rock, Blues

Apr 22, 2005 - This was my first pedal and with a simple amp set up I was able to get great improvement on my sound. I was even able to get a Van Halen-ish sound with it. I gave it an overall 10 because for beginners and intermediate it is a good product, no, a great product.

Get Tubulated

emile turks from New Orleans / Mardi Gras capital

Style of Music: Alternative(Dinosaur Jr) and classic rock

Apr 7, 2005 - I LOVE it. I kind of worried about the cheap, cheap price but it isn't cheap brittle plastic and it REALLY pushes my Crate Tube Drive Amp over the edge. It will add more gain to either channel on my amp and gives it more resonance. On clean, it adds a nice warm distortion and on the dirty channel, you can either push the distortion on the Tubulator up and get an iron butterfly sound, or decrease the distortion for a nice vintage sound, kind of a Neil Young sound running both distortions(amp and pedal). What I really like is it's ability to gradually blend itself in to the existing amp sound depending on the gain level you select. I TOTALLY recommend it if you like a less metal sounding, vintage 70's rock distortion. At this price, you can't go wrong.

• Members

Originally posted by gil1

Ever looked in side?

Would it be good for modding/breaking?

Yes, for a glitch machine or a fuzz pedal.

I wonder if I should order my sd1 from sweetwater or order the sd1 and the tubulator from MF.....

• Members

the circuit bend requires hooking pin 6 and 8 of the chip here's a link to an image showing the points to connect: (it's the yellow circles)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/dearly_missed/5f14f2ea.jpg

It's neat sounding but nothing I found overly useful in a band context. Go for it though it was fun for quite awhile and is eas to reverse.

• Members

Originally posted by psalt_phallow

the circuit bend requires hooking pin 6 and 8 of the chip here's a link to an image showing the points to connect: (it's the yellow circles)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/dearly_missed/5f14f2ea.jpg

It's neat sounding but nothing I found overly useful in a band context. Go for it though it was fun for quite awhile and is eas to reverse.

Thanks, I've been wondering about that! :thu:

Archived