TS9/808 vs. Boss SD-1 Bad question! sorry

SE1081

• Members

Check out the visual sound route 66 or jeckyll + hyde. The ts808 type circuit is one of the best i've heard. And my roommate has a byoc one. They're cheaper then the 808 reissue. But the friggin huge and i'm not too sure about the compressor in the route but the hyde isn't much to write home about so if you don't need a distortion or a comprssor it might not be worth it. I think they may come out with single effects sometime though, so if that happens check it out.

• Members

Originally posted by vteckid22

I think that the SD-1 and the TS 808 are very similar pedals...the only difference being some values on some components and the arrangement of the clipping diodes (im not sure which is which)

Sorry i couldnt be more help!

:wave:

How do the mids compare? are they similar as well?

thanks man!

• Members

Originally posted by SE1081

How do the mids compare? are they similar as well?

thanks man!

Hmm its been a while since ive had the chance to play either, but from what i remember they sounded really similar in the mids (ive been using a boss OD-3 for my od needs, tho that may change soon)

• Members

i have a ts808 and an sd1 side by side here.

I would describe the sd1 as smoother and more sustainy somehow.

SD1 definitely sucks more bass than the ts808.

I think the ts808 has more of a midhump.

I tend to prefer the SD1 as I feel its more smooth/sustainy, but it does suck bass.

They are similarish.

:)

• Members

Originally posted by Remedy

I tend to prefer the SD1 as I feel its more smooth/sustainy, but it does suck bass.

They are similar
ish

Have you ever tried a japanese version? People tend to pay more for them, and I don't think they sound any different than the taiwan version. Just curious.

• Members

Originally posted by Remedy

They are similar
ish

My thoughts exactly, but i'll add that the bass rolloff can be a good thing if you want a boost and do alot of low string lead type stuff. the low notes don't mud out.

• Members

Originally posted by 89strat

Have you ever tried a japanese version? People tend to pay more for them, and I don't think they sound any different than the taiwan version. Just curious.

nah, I haven't tried one. would be interesting to compare though. maybe its just hype ?? have you tried them side by side ?

Originally posted by axe2 2001

My thoughts exactly, but i'll add that the bass rolloff can be a good thing if you want a boost and do alot of low string lead type stuff. the low notes don't mud out.

true dat :cool:

Archived