best relatively cheap OD pedal that does NOT cut bass?

bluesboy

• Members
Originally posted by veil

OD-3 vs. BD-2

What's the scoop? What are the differences between them?

They sound quite a bit diff. - and we can try and explain as much as we can, but the best would be to go to Boss's site, and just listen to both.
They have a very nice sample of the BD-2.
(i bought my BD-2 on the weight of that clip !!!:eek::thu: - and NEVER LOOKED BACK)

The BD-2 is by far my fav. Boss OD (and Non-Boutique OD by a long shot / the RAT II being second :love: )

Saying that, the OD-3, IS a good alrounder too !

It will come down to what sound you want to get - for me, the gritty (not-smooth) BD-2 won !!!

My 2 cents - again !

;)

• Members
Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz

They sound quite a bit diff. - and we can try and explain as much as we can, but the best would be to go to Boss's site, and just listen to both.

They have a very nice sample of the BD-2.

(i bought my BD-2 on the weight of that clip !!!
:eek::thu:
- and NEVER LOOKED BACK)

The BD-2 is by far my fav. Boss OD (and Non-Boutique OD by a long shot / the RAT II being second
:love:
)

Saying that, the OD-3,
IS a good alrounder
too !

It will come down to what sound you want to get - for me, the gritty (not-smooth) BD-2 won !!!

My 2 cents - again !

;)

Word, thanks friend. I tried to check out the clips, but the OD-3 one isn't working right now. But I really liked the sound of the BD-2!

Right now I have the SD-1 (too narrow, too honky) and the HM-2 (great as a metal boost, but a little too noisy for my setup).

• Members

Originally posted by bluesboy

i've tried EQ pedals (not with this particular amp) and the BOSS one i owned added a ton of extra noise. I defintiely dont want that to happen. Im assuming since the dan fish'n'chips is a cheapo, it will also be noisy?

the F&C is a modded GE-7 copy, one mod being the reduction/elimination of the GE-7's noise factor.

cheap doesnt necessarily = noisy.

• Members

Originally posted by bluesboy

well.. i play my amp with the volume on ten. I already get the distortion i basically need... so what im really looking for is a nice boost for leads, etc. But i really like the basic tone i get from this amp, and i dont want to use a pedal that will change the EQ too much

and that nice boost usually comes when you boost the mids going INTO the overdrive circuit.

Now that can be done either by having pikcups that have a mid-hump, OR, by utilizing a T00bscreamer or clone.

Bass heavy boost INTO an overdrive might sound flubby and fuzzy.

• Members

well... i scored a BBE boosta grande brand new $65 shipped from ebay. I saved $34 off of the MF price... not bad in my book. If it sucks, ill sell it and try something else. I really dont like EQ pedals, and a tubescreamer type pedal isn't really the sound i want. so ill see how this one turns out and post here again.

Archived