Show me your muff thread

fusionid

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

here you can see my old board: black pearl next to my mayo next to my icbm. on the other board is my top fuel (the green pedal). i am selling them ALL right now (except the mayo already is being sold)..

i miss them. i liked them especially on all together... that was pure massive wall of fuzz. you have had this "growl" even with the guitar volume on 1!! not feedback.. just a big growl... :D

2006_08_03-03.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by stereotypy

here you can see my old board: black pearl next to my mayo next to my icbm. on the other board is my top fuel (the green pedal). i am selling them ALL right now (except the mayo already is being sold)..

i miss them. i liked them especially on all together... that was pure massive wall of fuzz. you have had this "growl" even with the guitar volume on 1!! not feedback.. just a big growl...
:D

2006_08_03-03.jpg

Which muff do you like best for your Fender? I've got the same one but with a 12" speaker, and a byoc triangle muff clone, and its quite sizzly on the high end.. What are the settings on your amp btw?

OT: How do you like the SCOD through your amp?

SOT: What guitar/s are your using? I'd have searched for it but... :(

• Members
Originally posted by CHOUTMUSIC

does it count if you don't have it yet? soon:

c9_1.JPG
$115 Bin on ebay

I may look into that mod you had done to yours, guitapick. Very nice specimen you got there...

Every band I've ever played in, there's always one or two guys who make fun of how I take care of my gear/instruments. I started out way back on clarinet...making my own reeds, clean it after every practice. Played lots of classical guitar. I don't run around on the stage. Just call me "Mr. Clean". Much as I loved Jimi and Townshend...their smashing guitars thing used to make me cringe. "SEND IT TO ME!!!"

Play around with it first to see if it gives you what you want. When I brought mine in it was just to get the distortion running again. The mod was a total surprise and bonus. He added some extra crunch and mid. Fuller tone, if you want it. If not you can just dial in more treble and/or cut the EQ...get that original sound back. Some people get bent out of shape about resale value, etc. I don't.

The noiseless bypass was huge for my situation, as I was playing with a fusion band at the time and the bleed was a distraction when I'd be playing clear tone.

Send me a note if you want more info. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by p00n

Which muff do you like best for your Fender? I've got the same one but with a 12" speaker, and a byoc triangle muff clone, and its quite sizzly on the high end.. What are the settings on your amp btw?

OT: How do you like the SCOD through your amp?

SOT: What guitar/s are your using? I'd have searched for it but...
:(

well the mayo and the top fuel i liked best.
the icbm can get sizzly. but not really in a bad way imo.

the scod is awesome!!! for low and for high gain. i just preferred that over any fuzz i owned.. anyway that one is also for sale.

the guitars i am using:
mainly a jazzmaster cij
my second guitar is a yamaha pac120 tele style with tokai/gotoh humbuckers in it! (my barrett tele).

i have some more guitars but those are the ones i use regularly.

• Members
Originally posted by vigor&kandor

here is the my mayo #5:

mayotop.jpg

mayoinnerds.jpg

I am going to have a flat mids mod done to my mayo eventually.I also own an IC muff.

speaking of skreddy, i havent seen him around. is he banned too?!?!

I'm here. :)

I can likely make your Mayo sound a lot better than that one now. I'm not using those big red mylar caps anymore, as they tend to sound a bit harsh. I have some new Xicon ceramic caps that are a lot creamier sounding and another film type instead of those big mylars. I can't retrofit your Mayo with a mid switch, but I can hard-wire it for more mids if you like. I'd only recommend it if you're playing live and need more cut; the stock triangle-knob mid scoop is a lot of the mojo of that creamy Big Muff tone.

• Members
Originally posted by skr3ddy

I'm here.
:)

I can likely make your Mayo sound a lot better than that one now. I'm not using those big red mylar caps anymore, as they tend to sound a bit harsh. I have some new Xicon ceramic caps that are a lot creamier sounding and another film type instead of those big mylars. I can't retrofit your Mayo with a mid switch, but I can hard-wire it for more mids if you like. I'd only recommend it if you're playing live and need more cut; the stock triangle-knob mid scoop is a lot of the mojo of that creamy Big Muff tone.

When did you stop using those caps? Was it before or after the Mid-Switch option became available (I'm just wondering about my own pedal)?

• Members
Originally posted by skr3ddy

I'm here.
:)

should i just ship the pedal to you? how much for the tweaking? I don't use it because of the mid scoop, i think i would love it if it didn't have scooped mids. I am an avid fan of mid frequencies.

• Members

Originally posted by vigor&kandor

should i just ship the pedal to you? how much for the tweaking? I don't use it because of the mid scoop, i think i would love it if it didn't have scooped mids. I am an avid fan of mid frequencies.

PM'd

• Members
Originally posted by Mr. Poopsicle

That was a picture I posted in the summer in one of those "what are you drinking tonight" threads.

I have no idea why he used it as the backdrop for his Metal Muff pic but it turned out very interesting looking.
:freak::)

Yeah, I thought it looked all artsy n stuff :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by Televator

When did you stop using those caps? Was it before or after the Mid-Switch option became available (I'm just wondering about my own pedal)?

I didn't use those caps for very long. You can look inside yours of course. The mylars are thick and red. I've used some box types for a while that are white and some that are blue (sound good, but I'm out of those), and now I'm using some orange film types that are a bit thinner than those red mylars.

Archived