Show me your muff thread

fusionid

• Members

Originally posted by cartersymes

Thats a good price. Well the cheapest i have seen, especially for a BIN. Wish they shipped worldwide.

Somebody better grab it. Although I might e-mail the seller first and see if its still working...doesn't mention that in the auction. Looks clean though.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by fusionid

This is a black Pearl Distortion by Mr. Sage The chrome knob is a varies the tone stack. It allows you to select the swollen pickle tone stack (1st position) to BM reissue tone stack (2) to flat mids, to boosted mids.

muffc.jpg

im curious. tell me about the mods.

i had a black pearl---but it was just too scooped for my needs. tone killed though...

• Members

I put in there another board with diff tone stacks. I jumpered the tone stack from the original board and put it back in line. It is the same circuit in position 1. I think it is more useful with the BM reissue tone stack as a traditional muff but the SP has its place and I use it sometimes.

• Members

Originally posted by Televator

I want an explaination for this...IMMEDIATELY!

Short run of pedals that use the same transistors as the old triangle knob Big Muff, that Marc scored some NOS units of.Like a Mayo,actually, had the working name of Super Mayo till he settled on Cognitive Dissonance.

I'm the lucky owner of #3.

• Members

Originally posted by Gearhunter

His eBay is name teststrikego,right?

I've got a couple of his,a fuzz factory type pedal,and a nice filter.He makes good sounding stuff,the wire he uses is a little thin on the innards,but still sounds good.

That's right. I noticed the wiring, too, but his board looks clean and the components good quality, so what the hey.

It's probably better than any BMP I'll get for the same money, anyway .

• Members

Great thread. Thanks for the tip, fusionid.

Had this guy from the gitgo. Kept it in bubble wrap. Great shape. Put it in the basement when it needed repair and couldn't find a taker. Just had it repaired and a new, noiseless bypass and distortion mod put in by the guy who designed it. Stroke of luck. Always was great. Now it's awesome.

Wanted to show the original box. Got the "Instruction Sheet" laminated to keep it looking nice. If you've got a zoom function, or whatever, you might want to check/print it out:

IMG_2285-1.jpg' alt='>'>

IMG_2286.jpg

Archived