Tonefactor Eleven, can anymore tell me more?

inlifeisdeath

• Members

ok, that was a cop out.

I actually designed the eleven for tonefactor. I dont make it and dont make any money off the sales of it.

The eleven has a high impedance input, followed by a passive tone control that is somewhat similar to the tone control in a big muff pie. Instead of scooping the mids like a bmp, when the tone control is centered, it actually has a mild mid hump.

When the tone control is turned to the right it cuts bass... when you turn it to the left it cuts treble.

then its boosted by a negative feedback biased mosfet boost circuit, which is actually very similar to the first gain stage in the blackstar.

IMO it works great with little amps, and big amps. it can make your humbuckers cut through beter, and make your single coils wamer... and it will make everything louder.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

ok, that was a cop out.

I actually designed the eleven for tonefactor. I dont make it and dont make any money off the sales of it.

The eleven has a high impedance input, followed by a passive tone control that is somewhat similar to the tone control in a big muff pie. Instead of scooping the mids like a bmp, when the tone control is centered, it actually has a mild mid hump.

When the tone control is turned to the right it cuts bass... when you turn it to the left it cuts treble.

then its boosted by a negative feedback biased mosfet boost circuit, which is actually very similar to the first gain stage in the blackstar.

IMO it works great with little amps, and big amps. it can make your humbuckers cut through beter, and make your single coils wamer... and it will make everything louder.

hey! i'm trying NOT to buy dirtpedals here!

GAS giver!

:mad:

i didn't know that was your handywork.

why no $ or credit on that?

anything else of yours over at tonefactor?

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

hey! i'm trying NOT to buy dirtpedals here!

GAS giver!

:mad:

i didn't know that was your handywork.

why no $ or credit on that?

anything else of yours over at tonefactor?

Brad purchased the design outright... whether it sells or not is up to him. So i was reimbursed.... Plus i consider brad a friend, and he already sends me money all the time. :)

I do make the analogue filter, but didnt really have time to take on another pedal here. I got new stuff to work on. :wave:

• Members

Brad purchased the design outright... whether it sells or not is up to him. So i was reimbursed.... Plus i consider brad a friend, and he already sends me money all the time.
:)

I do make the analogue filter, but didnt really have time to take on another pedal here. I got new stuff to work on.
:wave:

the analog filter is yours?

:love:

i've never been tempted to by a filter--never ever--till i heard fatbackribs ' video clip of it. it's different than a lot of filters i've heard definitely. a lot of 'em seem to take over your signal. the "analogue filter" just sounds more natural and a bit swirly and still pretty funky. well done, sir.

i'm pretty content with my permanent board but there are things i wanna get to have around and that filter's one of them. a fuzztone would be nice too. :)

• Members

Is the RC comparable to it? Since both are clean boosts?

It seems real versatile, plus it's more affordable, to say the least.

With the plethora of clean boosts out there, where and how does the Eleven fit in?

I'm sorry for asking such questions, as I really have no way of trying the pedal out, seeing that I'm not situated in the States. :)

• Members

The RC boost has a full tonestack right. I will just go ahead and guess that it probably is more versatile, because you have more control over the mids.

When I designed the pedal, we were going for simplicity, and wanted to make something relatively affordable, but I still think it sounds great.

• Members

Originally posted by jasonfuzz

I'm thinking about getting one. I've got exactly 114 in my paypal account, which is oddly enough, above the introductory price listed on the site but under the price listed on the page. Hmm.

I need to fix that. :D Ill still sell you (or anyone else here) one for the intro price for the next month or so.

It's a very cool little pedal. Brian did a great job on the design end. I'm very pleased with it.

• Members

I feel like a dip {censored} all the time... I think it has to do with constantly trying to fix my toaster with a butter knife though, not the pedals I own.

I'll be right back. I gotta go fix my garbage disposal.
:p

i caught my friend doing that.

well, he was trying to get the toast out. i turn the corner into the kitchen, see him for a split second with his knife in the toaster, there's a huge FLASH and then i couldn't see anything at all.

dip{censored}. dude's got a degree and one of the smartest cats i know.

:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by veil

Is there anywhere on the tone knob spectrum with a totally flat, unchanged EQ?

No, When i was working on it, i really liked the slight mid hump... its not extreemly noticable, but it's there. I just figured there are plenty of "clean" boosts out there already, many of which tonefactor already carries, so i did something a little different.

Archived