Analog Delay Advice

Elliott Damage

• Members

uh oh...I need some analog delay advice.

I have a DD-20 and a Deluxe Memory Man.

The DD-20 will remain on my board. It's functionality can't be beat and I have settings on it that I will always use. I like the 400 ms+ settings. On the other hand there are somethings it just can't do as well as real analog: short delays and modulated delays.

Now for the Deluxe Memory Man...It's really lush. The DD-20 can't touch it's modulated settings or sub-300ms delays. The downside, it's huge, it's noisy (though it sort of sounds like a wobbly vinyl record which is sort of cool) and it has head room issues. But, i'm not super picky. I can live with the size.

I can get it modded by Howard Davis for about $60 which would get me the whole 550 ms and take care of the headroom issues.

But...should I sell the DMM and spring a few more bucks for the Memory Lane? Is it honestly a better delay, or is it just different. I think the EQ could come in handy.

And then there is the Prisoner. If it had 100ms more of delay time I'd be all over it.

Some things I'd like to point out: tap tempo means nothing to me and I don't use self oscillation.

What should I do?

• Members

i tried dmm last friday out, i was very disapointed :(

the modulation settings in the first hand were not mine, maybe some more tweaking and turning and playing with it would make me it more liking.

the delay sounds it made were really great...
the selfoscillation is completely uncontrollable and sounded only like annoying noise..., not in a nice way annoying :(

and at last the price, 275eu is way to much

you gave me so much gas for the dmm and now i don't one anymore and the search for another analog delay has again begun

• Members
Originally posted by t_e_l_e

i tried dmm last friday out, i was very disapointed
:(

the modulation settings in the first hand were not mine, maybe some more tweaking and turning and playing with it would make me it more liking.

the delay sounds it made were really great...

the selfoscillation is completely uncontrollable and sounded only like annoying noise..., not in a nice way annoying
:(

and at last the price, 275eu is way to much

you gave me so much gas for the dmm and now i don't one anymore and the search for another analog delay has again begun

I've never thought the DMM osolation uncontrolable. It's acually one of the most controlable I've played. With the feedback right pass 12 o'clock it just sits in the back ground. You can't say that about the Memory Lane unless you ride the pedal.

Archived