Woo hoo - I found a vintage synth!

King Julian

• Members

I found my old SH 101 at my parents house in the holidays. My mum happened to mention that she still had a few of my things (its been around 17 years since i lived there). I'd been looking for this for a long time and had finally accepted that I must have sold it many years ago and forgotten when. The only clue that it may still be around was that i found the original manual a few years ago. I'd been thinking of selling the manual on ebay - luckily I didn't do that. Its in absolutely mint condition (I'm the only owner and it was never used after I upgraded to a Juno 106).

Needless to say i'm having an absolute blast programming it. It makes me want to create some techno. Now I'm gassing for a drum machine to go with it.

I know its not quite the same as finding a prophet in a dumpster, but pretty close IMO.:thu:

• Members

I know its not quite the same as finding a prophet in a dumpster, but pretty close IMO.
:thu:

wow a true blast from the past! Its like a time machine of sorts.

I enjoyed the photo of the box. I wasn't around to appreciate the synth heyday... so its nice to know their old boxes had graphics and so forth on them.:D

• Members

wow a true blast from the past! Its like a time machine of sorts.

I enjoyed the photo of the box. I wasn't around to appreciate the synth heyday... so its nice to know their old boxes had graphics and so forth on them.
:D

Yeah but imagine turning up to a gig with it! Even in those days I was smart enough to get a hard case for it which has been in use as a general gig bag for the last 20 yrs. Now its returning to its original use.

• Members

I found my old SH 101 at my parents house in the holidays. My mum happened to mention that she still had a few of my things (its been around 17 years since i lived there). I'd been looking for this for a long time and had finally accepted that I must have sold it many years ago and forgotten when. The only clue that it may still be around was that i found the original manual a few years ago. I'd been thinking of selling the manual on ebay - luckily I didn't do that. Its in absolutely mint condition (I'm the only owner and it was never used after I upgraded to a Juno 106).

Needless to say i'm having an absolute blast programming it. It makes me want to create some techno. Now I'm gassing for a drum machine to go with it.

I know its not quite the same as finding a prophet in a dumpster, but pretty close IMO.
:thu:

Awesome! :):thu:

• Members

Its in absolutely mint condition (I'm the only owner and it was never used after I upgraded to a Juno 106).

Yup, that thing looks 100% mint. If you ever (heaven forbid) decide to sell it - consider selling it directly to Roland. I think they will be interested.

There was a guy here in my town who recently found a mint moog modular. He is not so into synths, so he sent e-mail to Moog if they provide service / parts, etc. Instead of answer, they replied him with money offer :D :D I'm not sure what modular was it though. Clusterchord know details.

• Members

Yup, that thing looks 100% mint. If you ever (heaven forbid) decide to sell it - consider selling it directly to Roland. I think they will be interested.

There was a guy here in my town who recently found a mint moog modular. He is not so into synths, so he sent e-mail to Moog if they provide service / parts, etc. Instead of answer, they replied him with money offer
:D
:D I'm not sure what modular was it though. Clusterchord know details.

Thanks Don, good advice. I won't be selling it, probably more for sentimental reasons - it was my first keyboard. Even so, the manual is certainly not mint ( I have pencilled in some patches at the back, and its a bit dog-eared.)

John

• Members
And as a supplementary Q: (not meaning to hijack my own thread) Anyone have gear older thatn this with the original box and receipt? This was bought in 1984.

i still got a Hammond Autovari64 preset analog drum machine from 1977, with original invoice n customs receipt. it was my older brother's, but i kinda took it away from him..

• Members

Update: Sure enough I shelled out for a TR-606 on ebay last night. Then, to complete the trifecta this nice fellow turned up at my place this morning and fixed my Leslie 122. He came from interstate - about 1000km or so. :0 (apparently there are no reasonable repairers in the Sydney area.)

Archived