Kurzweil at NAMM?

sinew1958

• Members

I went up to the third level of the Anaheim convention center on Friday to see the Kurzweil/Young Chang booth...nothing new, but they did have their old products on display... though that VA synth they unveiled at NAMM a couple years back was nowhere to be seen!

Yeah, PC3 and SP2 were on display.

The PC3, was not working; its display was entirely blue and it was not even connected to any audio system.

SP2 was tried by myself and my friend Geoff Grace who told me he liked the feeling of the keys and the general tone of the keyboard. I share his opinion, actually.

... but there was not anything to get excited about Kurzweil. Well, there is one: They are back in business.

I went up to the third level of the Anaheim convention center on Friday to see the Kurzweil/Young Chang booth...nothing new, but they did have their old products on display... though that VA synth they unveiled at NAMM a couple years back was nowhere to be seen!

elsongs, there was an extra "stage" in the other corner with those other two keyboards on it where you could try them; well, only the SP2.

The VA synth... is gone.

• Members

We are back in business, and that's a GREAT thing.

Once I have a public-ready blurb on the PC3, I'll let you know - this is going to be a MONSTER performance controller with some stellar sounds, among other things.

Hang with us, folks - we're certainly looking forward to the future of Kurzweil. :D

• Members

Once I have a public-ready blurb on the PC3, I'll let you know - this is going to be a MONSTER performance controller with some stellar sounds, among other things.

Hang with us, folks - we're certainly looking forward to the future of Kurzweil.
:D

Oh my!

• Members

Hang with us, folks - we're certainly looking forward to the future of Kurzweil.
:D

Well, one way to earn the love of prospective customers is to mix with them in forums such as KSS. Let's hope this will be a continuing trend.As Captain Obvious, I will be the first one to call for a modern K-series workstation.

• Members

Well, one way to earn the love of prospective customers is to mix with them in forums such as KSS. Let's hope this will be a continuing trend.

As Captain Obvious, I will be the first one to call for a modern K-series workstation.

I SECOND that emotion!!!

Give it to US!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

How come you can say its gonna be MONSTER ?

Acording to the blurb I read it implied that it still has the same old same old triple layer @Micro piano@ type sample also found on the PC2X.

Please say this aint so.
:thu:

Jah, the triple strike sample that is in the current PC series was not in the Micro Piano - that was the PC88 sample.

That 'same old triple layer' sample is currently being used by THE biggest players in the industry, and I'm not talking about Johnny-come-lately American Idols. Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Sheryl Crow, U2, Pink Floyd, etc., etc. - people who are entrenched in the music industry with millions of albums sold.

All that said, the PC3 is SO MUCH MORE than a piano sound. Since it's almost 7pm, and I'm still working (again) - I'll refer you to this post on Music Player.

If, after reading the info there, you still have questions, feel free to hit me up via email (below). Thanks for the support, everyone!

If, after reading the info there, you still have questions, feel free to hit me up via email (below). Thanks for the support, everyone!

Actually if you want some love from these guys, you should keep coming back in here and discuss in public, so we all can stay in the loop.

That would be nice.

Deal?

Archived