Fix The Search Engine!!!!!!

sdresdre

• Members

I gotta second this... I don't use the search that often, but when I wanted to find out info about cool gear, the search was invaluable.

Without the search function, getting useful information from this board becomes a crapshoot, and threads you may have been interested disappear - sometimes in a matter of minutes. That makes it harder to participate in a meaningful way.

If I had to guess, there are probably no plans to bring it back... can't really blame them, though - the constant indexing & searches were probably eating up all the CPU & disk I/O, and the number of people who come here for usefull information are probably far outweighed by the people that just come here to hear (see?) themselves talk.

• Members

Originally posted by virtualtoad

and the number of people who come here for usefull information are probably far outweighed by the people that just come here to hear (see?) themselves talk.

Your right and I can't hear myself over the constant "which OD/Wah/Chorus/Clean Boost do I want" threads.

• Members

Originally posted by chump5150

They could easily limit the search function to a month or two, if they have an IT person that knows what they're doing. That would take a big load off the system when searching.

Yep... they could also just spend another $3K, and buy a separate machine & disk array to handle the index & search functions.... that would seem to be the best solution.

• Members

If we had the search function we could find all the other fix the damn search function threads.

Anyway, I guess MF doesn't have to worry about it because they already got our email addresses when they bought the board. But I don't do business with people who piss me off.

:p:wave:

Archived