Dennis Cornell Fuzz Face

MrMunky

• Members

Looks just like the Arbiter RI from the late 90s/early2000s, except it says Cornell on the smile. He helped engineer the original and was also there for the grey Arbiter reissue. I've heard the RIs were just as inconsistent as the originals and if these Cornell RIs are the same as the Arbiter RIs...

• Members

Originally posted by AbbeSauniere

Looks just like the Arbiter RI from the late 90s/early2000s, except it says Cornell on the smile. He helped engineer the original and was also there for the grey Arbiter reissue. I've heard the RIs were just as inconsistent as the originals and if these Cornell RIs are the same as the Arbiter RIs...

I have one of the late 90s Ivor Arbiter reissues. You can tell by the gut shot photos on the internet that the resistors, caps and transistors are different, and the Cornell version has an internal bias control.

Has anyone actually played with or heard a Cornell n action?

• Members

i think dot may have. if not maybe one of the other UKers might have tried one at the london guitar festival.

yes denis was involved with the reissue, but I have the impression he is not a "lover" of the fuzztone, so no idea of whether this is the business or not. given that he has only released this version after trying some newer fuzzfaces on the market, I can't help but wonder if it is a me-too move.

that said the guy knows his stuff and has paid his dues...

• Members

bump!!!

i dunno how i saw this...

i was looking for something very different...

but

this is the best fuzz face i have ever ever ever heard... kicked the crap out of the original fuzz face i A B it with!!!

really awesome...

one pedal i know im gonna get my hands on in the near future.

:thu:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived