what kinda stuff did Bauhaus use

fearofnightmare

• Members

Originally posted by fearofnightmare

I've never heard of those? Any links to info or pictures?

also thanks!
:thu:

http://www.vintageamps.com/plexiboard/viewtopic.php?t=35994&highlight=&sid=ee6319ab0589604f9241d518fb1898a7

Not much information on them on the web. They're British SS amps that are well-liked by those in the know. Jason Pierce of Spacemen 3/Spiritualized fame uses them, as did Marc Bolan from T. Rex.

• Members

daniel ash used a H&H IC 100S i believe...with a tele and a fernandes sustainer guitar...

the bassist used a 72 Fender Precision, Ampeg SVT-4PRO head, Ampeg 8x10, Boss DD-3 Digital Delay, Boss RV-3 Digital Reverb/Delay, Boss Fuzz, Boss DS-1 Distortion, Guyatone MC-3 Micro Chorus, Eclair Engineering Evil Tube DI

• Members

Originally posted by ChitownTerror

Not much information on them on the web. They're British SS amps that are well-liked by those in the know. Jason Pierce of Spacemen 3/Spiritualized fame uses them, as did Marc Bolan from T. Rex.

Alex Lifeson of Rush used them in the A Farewell To Kings/Hemispheres era too...

• Members

oh here is a partial gear list I found:

Telecaster.

70's HH IC100S amp. (Largely responsible for the distortion sound - totally unique)

70's DOD 460 Mini Chorus.

WEM Watkins copycat tape delay unit. (weird repeating noodlings - Bela, Hair of the Dog etc. etc. Also used as a pre-amp)

70's DOD 201 Phasor (original grey box version)

Electro harmonix y-triggered filter (the Y was used on St Vitus dance)

Ebow. (Used more on Tones on Tail than Bauhaus)

• Members

Originally posted by inscho

the bassist used a 72 Fender Precision, Ampeg SVT-4PRO head, Ampeg 8x10, Boss DD-3 Digital Delay, Boss RV-3 Digital Reverb/Delay, Boss Fuzz, Boss DS-1 Distortion, Guyatone MC-3 Micro Chorus, Eclair Engineering Evil Tube DI

i like how you can't remember his name but you know his entire gear list :D

• Members

I've got an old H||H Studio 100 2x12" amp that's my all-purpose backup.

I think mine is a later (or perhaps a lower) model, as it doesn't have the infamous green glowing panel of other H||H amps, although there was a "Bass Machine" bass amp at a rehearsal studio we used to use that did. If you ever stopped laughing at its groovy retro looks, all you had to do was turn on the built in phaser circuit :D

Like the vintageamps thread says, those amps were pretty standard budget fare for british bands back in the day (if you couldn't afford a Marshall), and still aren't desirable, in spite of their good quality and decent sounds. I got mine for

• Members

I'm tellin you dudes. There is NOTHING like running a tape delay unit in your chain. I just picked up an Echoplex, and the FET-based preamp really boosts the signal.

When I run my LP with P-90s through it into the Blues Jr, it is the sexiest break-up I've ever heard. And that is without running the tape!

Archived