You know what band I never want to hear again?

Elliott Damage

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by whitepapagold

I think G&R is touring right now...correct? Someone mentioned the show in LA and I asked, "they still play together?"- No its just axle with a new band....

I always hated slash but even I think he is as much G&R as assle. Freaking major label corporate rights BULLSH*T!

Ooops a little off topic, back to it. YES, BURN G&R BURN... We have one of their gold records up at work from apetite for destruction (they cut a few songs there) and I want it SOOOOOO bad! It would be freakin hilarious to have a G&R gold record! I also want the one for Mr. Big! Ooooh and Firehouse too!
:thu:

They are, AND {censored} THEM

I went to their show that was being talked about on the radio... Get there, wait in line, then we hear an announcement: AXL ROSE HAS CANCELLED

:freak::mad:

• Members

Originally posted by therhodeo

Very true.

Here's the list: Hendrix, Nirvana, Manfred Man, Creed, Staind, Nickleback, Hinder, MeWithoutYou, Hawthorne Heights, Jackyl, and Modest Mouse.

What's your beef with mewithoutYou?

And, early Modest Mouse or all the stuff they play lately?

• Members

Originally posted by Wah Guy

The FM band.

No, seriously, work with me here a minute. In the late '60's and through some of the '70's there was free-form, non-corporate, non-playlisted radio on the FM band. Radio deregulation started up in the '80's and has totally ruined radio. Back in the "old days" you could go hours, sometimes as much as 24 hours, without hearing the same artist, certainly without hearing the same song. The Burkhart-Abrams (sp?) AOR Superstars format was the beginning of the end. The "play only these songs because everybody likes them" mentality has flourished. Flourished to the point where commercial radio has burned out almost all of the "Classic Rock" artists by playing an artist's 2 or 3 "hit songs" and nothing else by them. Current rock music radio is much the same, with the exception that few bands have much more than one or two really good songs in them regardless of how many CDs they release. We can thank MTV for their continued "popularity." Of course, there isn't much music on MTV anymore...

Radio conglomerates have bought up entire radio markets, not just "a station or two." "The Man" dictates what you can hear, over and over and over and over and over and over again, until you want to puke.

A general rule-of-thumb is that "deregulation," no matter how the politicians sell it, is bad for the "little guy" which, in this case, is music lovers. Deregulation of the electricity industry, sold to us as a way to get lower electric rates brought us Enron and $500+ a month power bills in California. Deregulation in the TV cable industry, sold to us as a way to get lower rates, has, well, just loook at your cable bill. Deregulation is simply a code word for helping Big Business get richer and the average person poorer.

Back to the original thread concept, I don't actually hate any of the bands that are on the radio, but I AM SICK TO DEATH of the 2 or 3 songs that are played.

"Does anybody remember laughter?" Forget that. Does anybody remember Captain Beyond and White Witch??

Merry Christmas to all, and to all, Sirius Satellite Radio!

Nicely said.

I'm glad there is still any rock radio at all, but the truth is I never listen to it anyway. The NYC radio market is beyond horrible. Beside a few good college shows that you have to catch a certain times, the best we get is Jack FM, which is pretty much like some average persons iPod. If they play a Stones songs it's never going to be "Torn and Frayed" or "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'", it'll always be "Start Me Up" or one of their later day hits.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

Guns 'n' Roses.

There I said it. I {censored}ing hate them. Axl's whine and child with ADD attitude, Slash's {censored}ty lead tone, their stupid songs.....

Welcome to the jungleee..you goonnnna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie.

give me a break.

i wish all the music ever put out by them could be rounded up and put in rocket heading straight for the sun. There's some kind of federal law that every rock radio station must play Sweet Child of Mine, November Rain and Welcome to the Jungle every single damn day. yuck.

Feel free to argue for them, against them or list a band you hate in a similar manner.

it was good that kurt cobain spat on axle's piano keys backstage before their set.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
I've always hated them. Axl is the primary reason, but let's face it, those guys were big poseurs. Though I do appreciate Slash as a hackneyed guitar icon.

You seem like such a refined and sel-possessed young person. I agree with you one hundred percent. World's Greatest Rock Band --- my ass!!!
I like that retard, Slash, with that freakin' hat:freak: :freak:
I always called that hairball "Cousin It."
And Axl really does suck.

• Members

I have to admit, my idea of musical hell is to have some twat on a les paul>crybaby>marshall setup doing wah solos all over the place. I feel for their rythm guitarist.

I do however LOVE slash's snakepit. Serial killer, Shine etc, great songs.

• Members

I don't know, GNR were the band that got me into rock in the first place. I'm 28 and I listened to nothing but hip-hop/breakdance till I heard GNR on MTV. I near shat myself and I wanted a guitar immediately.

Sure Axl is a douche and some songs are played to death but those guys knew how to bring the rock. Slash is a badass guitarist and they wrote some great songs, however annoying Axl's voice is.

Now Steve Miller, Eagles, Thorogood, Bob Seger, Kiss, etc. No I definitely don't need to ever these guys again because I never needed to hear them in the first place.

Worst concert I ever saw was Steve Miller. You may as well had animatronic versions up there and a backing track. Those {censored}ers should quit taking peoples money to listen to their tired, indifferent asses pretend to like playing the same radio hits up there.

• Members

as far as i'm concerned, every glam/cock/butt rock band can {censored} off and die.

poison, motley crue, whitesnake, etc....every band who has worn makeup and dressed like a girl in the 80's while playing neon guitars in spandex...yeh, those guys. {censored} them.

Archived