does anyone like BRAND NEW?

angelhair0

• Members
Originally posted by Rushfan2112

Because we're all mature adults here and we all realize that the 2000's version of "emo" is a stupid generalization, right?

Right?

:(

Definitely.

Emo exists, but everyone will laugh at that and make fun of it simply because most people associate that term with what the modern day music industry has bastardized it into.

Rites Of Spring
Clikitat Ikatowi
Angel Hair (yea, that's where I got my username from.)
Four Hundred Years
JULIA - AMAZING band
Sleepytime Trio
EARLY Engine Down and...
EARLY Exploder
Mohinder
Hoover
Swing Kids
Palatka
Textbook Traitors

ALL effect-less, and all completely mainstream-less. They not only would HATE what people call emo today, but they have probably never even heard of it.

• Members

Sunny Day and Texas Is The Reason have very apparent emo roots. I would safely call their stuff (and the first two SDRE albums, not really the second two) emo... but more specically POST-emo rock (or indie rock). I know that sounds silly... I'm not trying to suck the meaning out of the music by classifying it so heavily. But when comparing SDRE to... Palatka.. it's night and day.

• Members

Originally posted by angelhair0

Definitely.

Rites Of Spring

Clikitat Ikatowi

Angel Hair (yea, that's where I got my username from.)

Four Hundred Years

JULIA - AMAZING band

Sleepytime Trio

EARLY Engine Down and...

EARLY Exploder

Mohinder

Hoover

Swing Kids

Palatka

Textbook Traitors

Mineral??????/

Brand new is awesome for some reason they reminds me early weezer

• Members

Sunny Day and Texas Is The Reason have very apparent emo roots. I would safely call their stuff (and the first two SDRE albums, not really the second two) emo... but more specically POST-emo rock (or indie rock). I know that sounds silly... I'm not trying to suck the meaning out of the music by classifying it so heavily. But when comparing SDRE to... Palatka.. it's night and day.

i call those bands post-emo indie rock as well.

Emo influence but just straight ahead guitar rockin'

I am a huge Texas fan. I went to their reunion in NY.

I reall don't want to drag this thread into an emo debate, just wanted to let you know I agree with the statements you've made.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

i call those bands post-emo indie rock as well.

Emo influence but just straight ahead guitar rockin'

I am a huge Texas fan. I went to their reunion in NY.

I reall don't want to drag this thread into an emo debate, just wanted to let you know I agree with the statements you've made.

Why thank you sir... emo debates are always nuts. I was afraid I'd spark one...

• Members

Why thank you sir... emo debates are always nuts. I was afraid I'd spark one...

Nah, I think we all know the difference betwen old/true emo and the "new" bastardized emo around here on HCFX.. You're right.

But even though I've been (long) educated on oldschool emo, I'm also at the point where I feel there's no way to exactly deny the new form of the term. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and all that. 90% of people are going to think Hawthorne Heights when you say emo, not Sunny Day Real Estate. :freak:

• Members

The new Brand New CD is awesome. Effects out the butt, and it hit me as being alot more mature than the other Brand New albums. I noticed alot of the songs to be about religion/dying.

I hear that alot of the songs are based off of a drunk driving homicide (forgive me for no link). I'm wondering if maybe Jesse is related some how in this incident?

Archived