Post your analog only boards!

sub rosa

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

how do you like your j drive?

links to your sounds with it?

Awesome overdrive. Not harsh, real smooth. The boost works independantly which is great. Pull the pot up and its a germanium treble booster, push it down and its a full range clean boost. Totally digging my ASAT through the overdrive and then kicking in the treble boost, sweet, sweet sound.

Unfortunately I don't have any recording gear.

• Members

That tuner doesn't look too analog.

Oh, and at least everything in my signal chain (before the amp of course) is analogue, you have a digital reverb in there.

Now then, this ain't about amps, its about pedals.

:wave:

• Members

Wait....you're 18 and you own all that stuff?

WTF?!

:eek:

Yeah, I also got a Frantone Peachfuzz and a Boss GT8.

On top of that I have a Skreddy Top Fuel on order and intend to pick up an Electro Harmonix Metal Muff up at the London Guitar Show.

Looking back, I should have invested in a good amp, rather than in such great pedals.

I'm owed a Gibson, although will more than likely end up with a Fender Tele, but before that, I hope to get myself a nice little Laney VC30.

• Members
Yeah, I also got a Frantone Peachfuzz and a Boss GT8.

On top of that I have a Skreddy Screwdriver on order and intend to pick up an Electro Harmonix Metal Muff up at the London Guitar Show.

Looking back, I should have invested in a good amp, rather than in such great pedals.

I'm owed a Gibson, although will more than likely end up with a Fender Tele, but before that, I hope to get myself a nice little Laney VC30.

As a student? I ask again: WTF?!!

:freak:

• Members

And what do you mean you're
owed
a Gibson?

Its rather complicated and totally legal. Suffice to say, I made a legitimate bet with my father, and won. Neither of us was intoxicated, neither of us have decieved the other. I simply won the bet.

And as regards getting the great pedals, I borrowed the money for the AD999 from my dad (I owe him

• Members

Sub Rosa, your the first person i've seen with a Diamond Fireburst. Can you tell me a bit about it (likes/dislikes) and maybe compare it to some other fuzzes that you have had?

As is probably evident I'm a big fan of Diamond pedals. The Fireburst was the second I got after the Memory Lane. It has a huge full range sound that doesn't muddy up. Prior to this I was running a USA Big Muff and a Double Muff. The Big Muff would loose all definition in the lower registers, the sound would just compress to hell. The Double Muff was an improvement, a little more trebly but good full range. Then I read positive review after postive review for the Fireburst, checked out some clips, then got in contact with Diamond and never looked back.

The mid boost is great for tightening up the sound into Radiohead distortion territory.

Archived