Distortion with best sustain

GrooveMerchant

• Members

I need a distortion. Playing in a cover band for money. Before this I've never had need for it. OD has always served me well. But I need somthing with more gain to pull out the pinch harmonics, and I'd like something with really amazing sustain. I had always believed sustain to be a function of gain, but after trying a couple pedals, I'm not getting the sustain I want. I really need some help guys. What do you think??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This would be the one.

ASDR500real.jpg

www.pigtronix.com

You should add an additonal overdrive or fuzz (or both) after this pedal for insanity...

but in terms of pure sustain, there is nothing that can top it.

nothing.

The onboard harmonix feature is a hot rodded muff style distortion. There is no gain control though, the harmonix control is really a blend between the clean tone and the full on distortion sound. The gain is fixed at exactly the point where you can sustain forever and still retain control.

• Members

Digitech Grunge. pretty awesome eq. the "grunge" full really gives nothing more than sustain...I can let the 22nd fret ring forever with no problemo.
*edit* they barely go 50-65$ canuck. can be added to other pedals for the mid boost...plus that transistor 50s radio is a plus.

• Members

I'm pretty well coverd on the OD side of things. I've got a Sparkle Drive, Expandora, BD-2, and a Daddy-O. Though I don't use the BD-2, or the Daddy-O much at all anymore.

Have you tried stacking the ODs you already have? I have found that sometimes stacking the right two ODs together gets me a more satisfying sound than just using a single pedal to do it. This would be the cheapest solution!

• Members

Yeah I have tried that, and it's what I'm doing now. Until I find the right distortion. The combination of the Sparkle Drive, and the Expandora, gets me almost where I want to be, but not quite. I'm trying out an MXR Double Shot Distortion right now. (perks of working at a music shop) And it certainly gets the high gain, and distortion sound, but the sustain seems to be a bit lacking.

• Members

This would be the one.

ASDR500real.jpg

www.pigtronix.com

You should add an additonal overdrive or fuzz (or both) after this pedal for insanity...

nothing.

The onboard harmonix feature is a hot rodded muff style distortion. There is no gain control though, the harmonix control is really a blend between the clean tone and the full on distortion sound. The gain is fixed at exactly the point where you can sustain forever and still retain control.

Sounds familiar. Anything like this?:

ehdelux.jpg

• Members

Cross my palm with silver and i will tell you.

But seriously the Attack/Sustain looks intriguing.

Only yesterday i tried to buy one of the Tube Screamers but the shop assistant was too clever by half and after several inquisitional questions such as what do you have already,who do you want to sound like,do you have a tube or transistor amp he revealed it would sound like {censored}.

So i had to leave with a wound third.

I could not find a way to tell him it would have found a home within some

• Members
This would be the one.

ASDR500real.jpg

www.pigtronix.com

nothing.

When is that going to be available?

Archived