Distortion with best sustain

GrooveMerchant

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was hoping to get everything I want in one pedal, but you're right. I think an EQ might be necessary. It all seemed so simple. The idea..."I'm gonna get a distortion pedal". If only there was a way for them to scan your brain to see exactly what kind of sound you are looking for, then analyze your gear and create a pedal that does exactly what you want it to do, nothing more nothing less.

• Members

I was hoping to get everything I want in one pedal, but you're right. I think an EQ might be necessary. It all seemed so simple. The idea..."I'm gonna get a distortion pedal". If only there was a way for them to scan your brain to see exactly what kind of sound you are looking for, then analyze your gear and create a pedal that does exactly what you want it to do, nothing more nothing less.

So I take it you didn't click my link I posted to the MI Audio Tube Zone.

I mean, how much more EQ do you want? It's got Mid, Brightness, Tone, and 'Character' (low end loose/tightness).

-Ben

• Members

So I take it you didn't click my link I posted to the MI Audio Tube Zone.

I mean, how much more EQ do you want? It's got Mid, Brightness, Tone, and 'Character' (low end loose/tightness).

-Ben

Yeah actually I did check out that link, and listened to almost all of the audio examples. And it sounds like a great Overdrive. But it doesn't get the sustain that I'm looking for, at least not in the clips. If I get a chance to try one myself be sure that I will.

Actually I went back and listened to a bunch of the clips again, and it does sound really nice. It might be able to pull off what I'm looking for, I would need to take it for a test drive to find out for sure!

This would be the one.

ASDR500real.jpg

www.pigtronix.com

You should add an additonal overdrive or fuzz (or both) after this pedal for insanity...

but in terms of pure sustain, there is nothing that can top it.

nothing.

The onboard harmonix feature is a hot rodded muff style distortion. There is no gain control though, the harmonix control is really a blend between the clean tone and the full on distortion sound. The gain is fixed at exactly the point where you can sustain forever and still retain control.

I was highly impressed with this bad boy at NAMM... :thu:

However, it's generally best for manufacturers to allow non-affiliated members to suggest their products than to do so directly; unless they're being asked specifically regarding which of their products would be best suited for a particular task. Of course, once the topic of one of their products does come up, they're welcome to answer any questions, provide additional information, etc. And I don't have any beef with a short product announcement or "now shipping" announcements, because I feel that's useful to, and of interest to the forum community at large. :)

• Members
However, it's generally best for manufacturers to allow non-affiliated members to suggest their products than to do so directly; unless they're being asked specifically regarding which of their products would be best suited for a particular task. Of course, once the topic of one of their products does come up, they're welcome to answer any questions, provide additional information, etc. And I don't have any beef with a short product announcement or "now shipping" announcements, because I feel that's useful to, and of interest to the forum community at large.
:)

:thu::wave:

• Members
Shut
UP!
I
need
that!! When did they come out with the garlic version?!

Umm... and to the point of the thread: it would be worth it for you to check out an

-Ben

I was impressed with the TZ's sustaining ability when I tried it, but I haven't tried all these other distortions though. Worth checking out if you can because of its flexibility.

• Members
I was highly impressed with this bad boy at NAMM...
:thu:

However, it's generally best for manufacturers to allow non-affiliated members to suggest their products than to do so directly; unless they're being asked specifically regarding which of their products would be best suited for a particular task. Of course, once the topic of one of their products does come up, they're welcome to answer any questions, provide additional information, etc. And I don't have any beef with a short product announcement or "now shipping" announcements, because I feel that's useful to, and of interest to the forum community at large.
:)

:thu: :thu:

• Members

Well with the direction the thread has gone I feel free to recommend the Burn Unit (or Small Fry). It is a sustain monster! Awesome freakin pedal. More in your typical distortion camp: I also owned and can recommend the Analog Man DS-1 pro. The Keeley modded Rat clips sound cool too. Depends what sound you're going for exactly. Can you name a song that has the tone you're after?

Archived