What's the skinny on Dillion guitars?

veil

• Members

I have an acrylic tele and it's made well. It's heavy as {censored} but the guitar is made well. I've also exchanged emails with John Dillion and he seems to be a knowledgeable guy.

It doesn't sound like a tele though, but that's because of the body material, not because of the brand.

I've had it for several years and have had no issues. That's my only experience with Dillion, so I can't speak for the entire line or even the wood guitars, though I would expect them to be comparable to the Mexican or Korean-manufactured guitars from Fender and Gibson. You probably need to play one, or at least get it from someone who'd let you return it (just as you should if buying a Gibson/Epiphone or a Fender).

c

• Members
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too..

I think even the +1K guitars are hit or miss. I usually buy only after playing the guitar, unless the price is good enough that I can afford to pay for a set up without feeling like I was robbed.

I broke my "try first" rule for the Dillion though -- the GAS got the better of me.

I'm not worthy...

:cry:

c

• Members

Most of them are built in Korea. They are a step above most Chinese manufactured guitars. The pickups aren't anything special and you may need to replace the nut, but fundamentally they are solid guitars.

Word!

Archived