School me on Fender amps

Zlandicar

• Members
How much power in an amp are you looking for? How many speakers?

:confused::wave:

Doesn't matter. I don't need anything huge. It'd be primarily for recording - and I can make as little or as much noise as I want in my recording space.

I want the best clean sound possible. An effects loop too. Right now I'm looking at the Blues Deluxe RI. Opinions?

• Members

Depending on your $$$ and needs :

Pro Jr

Blues Jr

HR Deluxe (clean is decent, gains are weak, IMO)

HR DeVille (see above)

Deluxe Reveb RI

Twin RI

Twin 15

Pro

Tweed Bassman

Vibro King

GRINGO

I am looking at trading for a HR Deluxe. Tell me a little more about it. You say Gains are weak, but I usually use pedals for that anyway, so how does it take pedals?

• Members

Go for Marshall or Mesa.

No offense... bad advice in my opinion. Although it really does depend on what you're going for. If I was playing metal or hardcore more often, I'd go for a Mesa Triple Rec any day. That's my dream head/cab combination. However, I use an old Fender Twin Reverb and it's PERFECT for the music I play these days, which is a lot softer than what I think a Mesa or Marshall is best for. You can't go from with old Fender combos.

• Members
No offense... bad advice in my opinion. Although it really does depend on what you're going for. If I was playing metal or hardcore more often, I'd go for a Mesa Triple Rec any day. That's my dream head/cab combination. However, I use an old Fender Twin Reverb and it's PERFECT for the music I play these days, which is a lot softer than what I think a Mesa or Marshall is best for. You can't go from with old Fender combos.

except there are many things out there far better than triple recs....

anyways, for the fender cleans, I'd say twin reverb definitely, but I think an old silverface would be better than one of the reissues.

I'd like to get one evnetually. I wish they had effects loops though. what to do with the delay and modulation? :(

• Members
...anyways, for the fender cleans, I'd say twin reverb definitely, but I think an old silverface would be better than one of the reissues....I'd like to get one evnetually. I wish they had effects loops though. what to do with the delay and modulation?
:(

put it after your dirt pedal, cause the amp aint givin up none.

• Members

'65 Twin Reverb is probably the best out of the current line-up. Its hard because there are so many of them to get confused! Basically anything that says "Reverb" in the name will have sweet fender cleans. I use a Deville and a Hot Rod and those have pretty decent cleans too. They are all very similar IMHO.

• Members

every thing i needed to know i learned in kindergarden ......

best clean sound - blackface twin - imo

the hrdx takes pedals fairly well (both channels, actually 3) - again imo

fender also makes the super sonic (pro tube), cyber twin, g-dec, , vibro-verb, metal head, stage, princeton and champion

they also make the deluxe, 57 twin, and tone master mini amps ;-)

• Members

except there are many things out there far better than triple recs....

Probably.. what would you suggest for metal/hardcore in terms of a head/cab? I've found the Triple Recs to be the best for this through my experiences, but I'm sure others' experiences here far surpass my own. I've only really owned like three or four amps.

• Members

Probably.. what would you suggest for metal/hardcore in terms of a head/cab? I've found the Triple Recs to be the best for this through my experiences, but I'm sure others' experiences here far surpass my own. I've only really owned like three or four amps.

What kind of metal/hardcore?

• Members

i am not a metal/hardcore player, (really not much of a player period),,,,but if i got into that sort of thing i personally would look at a krank, vht, or something along those lines. i wouldn't look at a fender, even though i suppose they introduced the metal_head to cover just that.

sorry to be not much help

• Members

Personally I think a couple fenders really stick out of the crowd. If you definitely want CLEAN clean, then get it a twin. It's truly an awe inspiring sound. I feel like its probably the best example of a guitar amp working right (that is to say amplifying your sound, but in the cleanest, most lucious, and yet most accurate way possible). If you want a little dirt in your tone, go for either a Deluxe Reverb or one of the 50 watt bassman heads (depending on your volume needs). The DR is just great, but the 1x12 doesn't throw as much air as bigger amps, and the headroom is low. However, when it overdrives, its one of the sweetest sounds ever. On the otherhand, if you want a bit for fatness, and lowend in your tone, definitely check out the bass man 50 watt heads with the cab of your choice. These amps can do it all, slightly pushed cleans, classic fender spank, and when you crank them up, they get quite a bit of that marshall feel depending on what speakers you run the through.

Archived